Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game of Space Alert, and it was the Czech version with glass cubes. I am interested in knowing whether there is a difference between the Czech board games version and the Rio Grande version. I gathered that the glass cubes thing was something special to Essen, right? So even if I give up the thought of having those (or getting similar glass beads from elsewhere), are there any notable differences between the versions? Should I try to go for the Czech version or will the Rio Grande version do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Rio Grande version had the CDs mislabeled but other than that it seemed the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghosthack wrote:
I think the Rio Grande version had the CDs mislabeled but other than that it seemed the same.
This was also a problem with some copies of the non-Essen English-language Czech version.
But yeah, the two versions are the same as far as I am aware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been scouting the internet for about 2 hours on how to get some glass cubes.

I ended up with the hint that the cheapest way was to pay for a simple glass-making study and make them myself. Amagad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dippel
United States
Merrick
NY
flag msg tools
Commentary! The OverText
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to a craft store or florist shop and get some green, red, and clear glass or plastic beads. You'll get a million of them cheap. I got some plastic gem-style beads for my copy and they work great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cdippel71 wrote:
Go to a craft store or florist shop and get some green, red, and clear glass or plastic beads.

I have been looking (although only on the net). All I could find were beads with drilled holes, and not in enough colours. I'd love simple glass stones, but the ones I can find are too big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
ghosthack wrote:
This was also a problem with the non-Essen English-language Czech version.

Weird, mine wasn't mislabeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghosthack wrote:
Grimwold wrote:
ghosthack wrote:
This was also a problem with some copies of the non-Essen English-language Czech version.

Weird, mine wasn't mislabeled.
ok, fixed my original comment . Not all copies were wrong, but I know some were, as I picked up a couple of copies for friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
I just played a game of Space Alert, and it was the Czech version with glass cubes. I am interested in knowing whether there is a difference between the Czech board games version and the Rio Grande version. I gathered that the glass cubes thing was something special to Essen, right? So even if I give up the thought of having those (or getting similar glass beads from elsewhere), are there any notable differences between the versions? Should I try to go for the Czech version or will the Rio Grande version do?

Czech Board Games has nothing to do with Space Alert, Galaxy Trucker or any other games from Czech Games Edition

And to your question: Everything CGE produces is printed in same factory for 2 years already so don't expect any difference. In fact there's nothing like version at all. Just reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dippel
United States
Merrick
NY
flag msg tools
Commentary! The OverText
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I have been looking (although only on the net).

I had the same problem. But I knew they existed, so I went down to Michael's (an arts and crafts store, maybe only in the US) and they had bags and bags of them in assorted colors. And they came in two sizes -- large (which I use in green for the energy canisters) and small (which I use in green for energy, clear for the computer and window, amber for the lateral guns, and red for enemy damage).

Good luck.
-Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.