Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original boards for the game has two spaces between the grid slots and there are only grid slots for ten cars. By the looks of things, we at least 14 cars in our season that we're trying to set up. Perhaps even more. Should we continue to count two spaces between the cars and place them in appropriate locations or should we reduce the space between the grid slots to just one space? How will that effect things coming in to the first turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
With that many players, your best bet is to play on two separate tracks. Being that far back at the start would probably guarantee that you won't finish in the top four slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also see: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/445843
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dansun wrote:
The original boards for the game has two spaces between the grid slots and there are only grid slots for ten cars. By the looks of things, we at least 14 cars in our season that we're trying to set up. Perhaps even more. Should we continue to count two spaces between the cars and place them in appropriate locations or should we reduce the space between the grid slots to just one space? How will that effect things coming in to the first turn?

Putting just 1 space between starting positions can become very crowded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest not to shorten the distance between the cars. You'll have enough "bumps" in your bodywork as it is. And if you start so far back as in another turn, just ignore all the stuff in that turn for the start (arrows, stops and all, treat is as normal straight, you're going very slow after all). Since starting in 14th place can be a huge disadvantage, I would suggest you deal out starting positions after the current standings in the seasing. That is, the player with least points so far gets pole position.
Also you might want to consider doing two races simultaniously instead (I suspect you have more than two tracks to play on?), 7 on each sounds like a much better deal. Is everyone driving two cars each, or are their 14 different players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, we have two cars each, so perhaps one alternative would be to reduce the number of cars to just one each or have each row in the grid consist of three cars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

First-time post, but have been a Formula De fan for a while now. With 3 cars across the track, perhaps you should ignore any collision tests until the second turn when everyone has got their car off the line. Then again, IRL collisions do happen right at the start... surprise

Cheers,
Diff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.