Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
I'm currently playing VASSAL @ version 3.1.9 and AVL @ 4.4.4
It's been a few versions, since my last game.

However, now, when I draw (in the first turn) 4PzA, the 11Pz at the other side of the river is automatically activated. Also, when I use the 'show command range'feature it no longer considers major rivers, but shows a hexagon equal to the command range (as the crow flies).

Someone else noticed this??

Did I miss an errata, or is this a reallife example of: "new version: take out old bugs, put in new ones"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a game, and am in Turn 2 of another, and I have not noticed this glitch (and my opponent hasn't said anything either). Maybe I need to pay more attention. I'll check when I get home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Derwiński
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
1st Independent Parachute Brigade
mbmbmbmbmb
On Vassal 3.1.10 and AVL 4.4.4 it's ok:

I will have to download latest Vassal and check if the bug appears there. I'm the person responsible for the update to AVL and RSR modules, so I feel obligation to check I'm sure in the version it was developed on the function had no bugs. New version of AVL module will have better speed of shading, derived from work on RSR module. Maybe it will be ready at the end of next month.

edit: it looks like 3.1.10 is the latest. Please update, although I'm pretty sure it should work in earlier versions, the module was created in 3.1.2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my morning turn, and it's not acting glitchy for me. As an added bonus, it's not quite the end of Turn 2 and both the Northern and Southern fronts are torn open!laugh

Maybe related, and maybe not: About a week ago VASSAL just stopped working for me. If I clicked on the icon I would get the little hourglass, but nothing would happen. No matter what I tried it would just not work. I had to uninstall, then re-install, then add back all of my modules (which were already saved on my HD and worked fine).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
I reinstalled VASSAL 3.1.10 and reloaded AVL 4.4.4
The bug's still there, in my current game:

(pic taken when I re-downloaded 4.4.4. However, also after upgrading to 3.1.10, this is still the view I get.)
As you can see here, R3A is activated, but the major river is not calculated in.

However, when I start a new game, everything works fine. Apparently, the glitch came from my opponent who used a lower version than I. Allthough we now both upgraded to the newest available, the bug seems to be resident in the logfile?? I have no other explanation, since the rest (other new games) work great.

So I'm not going to worry about it to much. Too bad for this game, we'll have to determine command range 'the old way', but next game we'll be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.