Subject: Is the board modular ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is shown in the rules that there are different boards for different number of players. Are there many boards or is the board modular or how is it done ??

What are outcomes on the special dice = 1-6 or something different ?

I am very interested in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The board is modular depending on the number of players

what i mean is that the topologie si different from one number of player to another one
But if you are always playing at 5 people, for example, the board will allways be the same.

Now the dice: they are D6, with results 0 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 3

thank you for your interest..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bruno, but that still doesn't answer the question on how it works. Is the board formed of several parts that must be assembled? Do you have to cover some parts of the board? Are there several different boards, a la Small World?

While we are at it, how about the playing pieces? Can we expect fantastic plastic miniatures, as it seems to have become standard for Matagot?

I'm also very interested in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry !
It seems that i've answered too quickly to give all infos !!!

The board is in 3 parts
One is allways the same: it's the location where ar ecoming the Gods tiles.

2 other parts composed the "landscape" where you are buiding-fighting
They are printed recto-verso and depending on the number of players, you will put them on one side or the other. (don't worry, it's really easy to understand with the rules booklet)

Concerning miniatures: each players gets his own 8 boats and warriors (plastic figs).. and you will also find into the game 5 bigger figs representing Mythological Creatures

To have a look of these miniatures, i can invite you to my facebook page (bruno cathala)... i allways accept new "friends", ywhen thay are gamers!!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
(don't worry, it's really easy to understand with the rules booklet)

No problem, I got it. I should have included a fourth option, relating to Evo, which does the same.

Quote:
Concerning miniatures: each players gets his own 8 boats and warriors (plastic figs).. and you will also find into the game 5 bigger figs representing Mythological Creatures

More mythological creatures would have been even better, but that's excellent already.

Quote:
To have a look of these miniatures, i can invite you to my facebook page (bruno cathala)... i allways accept new "friends", ywhen thay are gamers!!! lol

Thanks for the invitation, but I don't use Facebook. Why don't you post them in the game gallery here? (Or I may have to get a Facebook account.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right !!
i should have think about Evo... because the bidding system is close to evo's one (i'm sure that people will tell it's close to Amun Re, but they must remember that Evo was there before...)

Concerning Miniatures, i've uploaded some pics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. I am very interested in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the images, Bruno! The miniatures look great! I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are several different models for boats and warriors, although it should be no surprise by now, as that also seems to be standard for Matagot. Now I just hope my copy will come with all of them and I won't have to buy the game twice, given their apparently non-existent customer support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lovely looking game! Are the bits all the same color, with different shapes for each player, or are these prototypes of all the different pieces for the five players, with the production components coming in different colors?

Will English rules be available, and are other components language-independent?

Will the game be available through U.S. distributors?

Thanks for any information available, and good luck with your game. It looks very promising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Barry

Each player will get miniatures in his own color

the 5 mythological creatures will have a neutral color (and i'm quite sure that many players will like to paint them... not me.. i have to left hands !! lol)

i think that game will be distributed by asmodee US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
one more precision: you will find english rules inside the box
and there is absolutly no text on the components ! (game is language independant)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:

the 5 mythological creatures will have a neutral color (and i'm quite sure that many players will like to paint them... not me.. i have to left hands !! lol)

I, for one, cannot wait to paint those mythological creatures!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.