Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
In the spirit of Erak's weekly series....

1. I Don't Know How to Do It Because I Don't Know How to Do It. I like helping people out with their Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Photoshop/InDesign problems, but what I don't like is when people don't even try and then start whining that their MS Office is broken. If you can't find something because it's hard to find, that's one thing; if you can't find it because you didn't bother to look, that's another. "Oh, what you're saying is that all the editing functions are in the 'Edit' menu! Why didn't I think of that?" My question exactly.

2. No Imperfect Moments! There's a fantastic ice cream place just up the road from us, and, because it's so kick-ass, there's always a ton of people there, which is fine. What's not so fine is when there's a line twenty people deep and the couple at the window are putting on some kind of drama/variety show. "Can I try a spoon of the mocha chocolate chip? Hmmm, I like that better than the berries 'n' cream, but then again the fudge chunk was pretty good too. And what kind of sprinkles would go with that? Hold on a sec, I'm just going to page my mentor." For God's sake, lady it's all good, just pick one already! If you make me the captive audience for your performance, I will start booing.

3. This Lane is All Blocked Up, Can I Have Yours? There seems to be this general misconception that when a cyclist or a mail truck is in a person's lane, that person gets to drive into oncoming traffic to pass and the people coming the opposite way are required by law to slam on the brakes or swerve out of the way to accommodate them. This guy + cell-phone-not-paying-attention guy = total number of guys - 2.

4. I Know There's No Dogs Allowed but I'm Bringing One Anyway Because He Really Needs to Take a Dump. You know that sign that's there for everyone but you? It's also for you.

5. I Know There's No Mountain Bikes Allowed on This Trail but I'm Bringing One Anyway Because I Really Need the Workout. See #4. Oh, and apparently I'm supposed to dive out of the way for Little Sammy Spandex because he's exercising. Do I need to take off my hat as well, ya monkey dump?

6. I Can't Fix This Problem So Maybe Some Whining Will Help. Now we have two problems.

7. Look, I Work Really Hard During the Week So Everyone Needs to Get Out of My Way on My Day Off. Nope.

8. I Only Need Half of This Butter Pat, I'll Just Leave the Rest of It Here Melting on the Counter in Case Anyone Else Wants Some. No, we're good. You can just chuck that. Thanks!

9. This Coffee is Kicked. I'm Just Going to Leave the Empty Cup Here on Your Desk if That's Okay. No problem. Oh by the way, I peed in the thermos this morning. Just an FYI.

10. This Place Has Gotten So PC, We Can't Even Make an Innocent Joke about the You-Know-Whos Anymore. For the last time, Bob, the point of discussion is your slutty mother, and for once we would like the remarks to say on topic. If you really need attention that badly, go bug your parents. Your mother can probably fit you in between her 9:00 and her 9:45.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a jerk. Koldfoot told me so. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I will remember to stay out of Connecticut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooo! Now I HAVE to go to Connecticut and see if I'm truely a jerk or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
2. No Imperfect Moments! There's a fantastic ice cream place just up the road from us, and, because it's so kick-ass, there's always a ton of people there, which is fine. What's not so fine is when there's a line twenty people deep and the couple at the window are putting on some kind of drama/variety show. "Can I try a spoon of the mocha chocolate chip? Hmmm, I like that better than the berries 'n' cream, but then again the fudge chunk was pretty good too. And what kind of sprinkles would go with that? Hold on a sec, I'm just going to page my mentor." For God's sake, lady it's all good, just pick one already! If you make me the captive audience for your performance, I will start booing.

I have this same experience at the cheese counter of the foodie grocery/deli. The improvised theater these people put on is infuriating:

"Oh, I think this would go great with balsamic asparagus but I picked up sweet potatoes for this evening. What goes with ice water? Can I try that Oregon bleu for the third time? Mmm, this cheese screams for a poppyseed cracker. No, too much horseradish flavor. What do you think, mummified grandmother?"

WTF, people? Just buy a hunk of cheese and shove it in your damn mouth. It's pretty much all good.

This post brought to you by the North American Cheese Council.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
But Joe, you're not a jerk, you're a creep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludocrazy wrote:
But Joe, you're not a jerk, you're a creep.

Yes, but I'm a nice creep. Like, when I break into someone's house to try on their clothes, I always leave everything the way I found it. It's just common courtesy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
1. I Don't Know How to Do It Because I Don't Know How to Do It. I like helping people out with their Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Photoshop/InDesign problems, but what I don't like is when people don't even try and then start whining that their MS Office is broken. If you can't find something because it's hard to find, that's one thing; if you can't find it because you didn't bother to look, that's another. "Oh, what you're saying is that all the editing functions are in the 'Edit' menu! Why didn't I think of that?" My question exactly.

This ones bugs me too. Only someone well-versed and proficient in software would ever even consider that the software is broken. And even then, they would still try to figure it out themselves or look on the microsoft website, or consult with another proficient user. shake
(Actually, they would probably know if and when it was broken versus just not doing what they haven't figured out how to do!)

Yeah it is basically someone that admits to not knowing how to use it, stating that because they can't figure it out (or refuse to even try) that it must be broken. I guess the Microsoft fairy didn't turn up and magically do what they wanted to with the document!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Gola wrote:
1. I Don't Know How to Do It Because I Don't Know How to Do It.

This ones bugs me too.

I keep having the same conversation:

"See, here's the problem, Microsoft Whatever just won't do that. I don't know why we use this program, it just doesn't work, it's really a bad way of doing things, and if you really want to know what I think...."

"No, hold on, it works, all you have to do is press the such-and-such button."

"But that button's not there!"

"What? That's odd. Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"It's not on the toolbar?"

"Nope."

"Well...do you see the other-such-and-such button?"

"I see that one, yes."

"So, go two buttons over."

"Two buttons over? But that's just a...oh."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about "I decided I no longer wish to purchase this frozen food item, so I will leave it on the shelf with the cereal boxes."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
How about "I decided I no longer wish to purchase this frozen food item, so I will leave it on the shelf with the cereal boxes."

People like this are a disincentive for anyone thinking of owning a retail establishment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
iklinck wrote:

People like this are a disincentive for anyone thinking of owning a retail establishment.

Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Gola wrote:
5. I Know There's No Mountain Bikes Allowed on This Trail but I'm Bringing One Anyway Because I Really Need the Workout. See #4. Oh, and apparently I'm supposed to dive out of the way for Little Sammy Spandex because he's exercising. Do I need to take off my hat as well, ya monkey dump?

+1

In my case, replace "trail" with "sidewalk".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
1. I Don't Know How to Do It Because I Don't Know How to Do It.

My gf says that I'm too smug sometimes. And as a nerd, I can understand her point. There are somethings that I hate and is the self-defeat and lazyness before someone try. Some of my co-workers learned not to ask me those types of questions anymore, as the usual answer is : "hire a brain first." As you, I don't mind helping, but I hate babysitting.

#4 and #5 Another one of the moments I had yesterday on the subway. I hate people that crowd the door, even when the train is empty. As I told my gf, "violence sometimes is the only resource". Yesterday I had to shove a woman from the front door as she refused to step aside so I could leave at my station. When she got angry at me I said: "Sorry dear, I didn't know you had mental issues, you should ask your mom to take you outside and learn how not to stay AT THE F***** DOOR ON AN EMPTY TRAIN!". Security came and it was a bloody hell mess. I hate stupid people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.