Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Why does On the Brink come with Silica Gel? Maybe the packaging needs to proudly exclaim "FREE white powder inside!".

But this is somehow thematic - the original Pandemic came with a greasy grey foam sponge - I'm still not sure what that was supposed to be for, but it always made me feel mighty uneasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a dessicant, meant to keep moisture from ruining the contents during shipment. At least OTB doesn't smell bad like the original Pandemic. Whew! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Servo
United States
watkinsville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
Maybe the packaging needs to proudly exclaim "FREE white powder inside!".

Something tells me that might have caused a little delay in customs. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that every game should come with it! It's great against moisture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I hope the one I have been waiting since it's release does come with dessicant because my FLGS told me he is still waiting for it to be shipped ninjafrom China !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always found it interesting that the "State of California considers this material to be hazardous to human health", or something like that...

Considering that the cubes from the first print run of Pandemic suffered from mold issues, I'm not surprised this was added in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Kestril wrote:
I've always found it interesting that the "State of California considers this material to be hazardous to human health", or something like that...

Considering that the cubes from the first print run of Pandemic suffered from mold issues, I'm not surprised this was added in the expansion.

Wonder if they also think that the game is hazardous to one's health, physical and mental ! laugh

Edit:typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mosley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
...the original Pandemic came with a greasy grey foam sponge - I'm still not sure what that was supposed to be for...

Since it fit perfectly between the game board and box lid, I always assumed it was a spacer or cushion to keep the box lid from colapsing if you stacked other games on top of it or something (I know.. stacking games = bad).

After all this time though, I may end up tossing it, along with the insert, in my feeble attempt to fit the new petri dishes in the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.