Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not as interested in campaigns and from what I can tell it seems that the heroes start out weaker and than progressively get stronger through more games played.

My question is if this expansion will be any good for just single games played with a variety of people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why you couldn't use heroes for one-off games--C&C Ancients uses 2-3 leaders per side in almost every scenario. I think Agincourt played with Henry V as a heroic leader would be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The main concern I see would be showing to play someone who expects you to pit your starting hero against their level 217(*) uber-hero...but then that's probably someone you wouldn't want to play anyway.

This problem occurred to me when I was reading the rules -- I would most likely insist on parity for heroes.

(*): exaggeration for rhetorical effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got around to reading the rulebook.

Ugh.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'll enjoy the campaign aspects, but I just can't possibly play this game enough for campaigning. So... much of the expansion is worthless to me. That's fine though. Every product in the world doesn't have to cater to ME.

In answer to the OP's question, if you're not into the campaign idea, this expansion is a waste of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Wo┼║niak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not necessarily: What can stop you from building 3lvl warrior to fight against an army led by 2lvl commander and lvl one thief with assasination? This is a very flexible expansion!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcinW wrote:
not necessarily: What can stop you from building 3lvl warrior to fight against an army led by 2lvl commander and lvl one thief with assasination? This is a very flexible expansion!!!

Yep, thats why I bought it! I was just poking around here looking for variants on using the heroes on a single per game basis, much like Battles of Westeros has Commanders, which I really like! I suppose coming up with a level cap like you suggest, and building however many heroes you want within the cap would be pretty fun. i.e. 3 level 1 heroes, 1 level 1 with 1 level 2, or a single level 3.

Wow....the possibilities...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoogerheide
msg tools
I've also been thinking about this sort of thing. What about artifacts (which for an individual battle are just as important as skills)? If you have 3 "levels" of hero to choose from, do you get to pick 6 artifacts and divvy them up among your hero(es)?

What do you think would work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.