Glenn Pruitt
United States
waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I played this correctly, but I will ask anyway just to clarify.

When the forced march card is played, a group of blocks is allowed to move three areas instead of the normal two.

Let's say a group of two blocks starts in Pembroke. On the first move the group moves to Caernarvon. Does the group now end it's movement because of the red border it just crossed? Or does the forced march card allow the full three areas of movement?

Last night I figured that the forced march card cannot supersede the border rules, and so the forced march ended after one move. It does however seem a little odd that the forced march was so ineffective. The force moving was trying to get away from an enemy force in Glamorgan, and ended up as road kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that the red borders trump movement rules. As an example, with normal movement, if you were directly adjacent to the red border, you'd have to stop after crossing the border even though you have an extra movement point to spend. I'm assuming the same is true with force march, which allows you to move 3 spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Dalgliesh
United States
Blaine
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct assumption. Border limits and the stop effect of red borders are not changed by the Force March card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.