Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing another game and my opponent wanted to know how we determine who goes first. I told him that the French and Brits switch off each season. When I looked in the rules though to confirm, all I could find was that the French started first. Am I correct in this assumption that each player alternates each season?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
The French go first (4.A.2) until the event Quiberon Bay occurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Rule 4.0 A2 - The French go first every season, until the event card Quiberon Bay is played as the event, then the British go first every season thereafter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, said the blind man. I thought there was some mechanic to the starting player. Thanks for clearing up this problem. It didn't affect our game in anyway, but I didn't want to encounter a similar situation in a future game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.