Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder to anyone that is in the SF bay area that this monday (sept 28th) we will be having our next meeting at the Yahoo! cafeteria in Sunnyvale joing the South Bay Gamers.

Here are some of the designers and games that will be there.

Matias - Brings Carte Blanche - inspired by his French vacation, this is a tile laying game where the object collectively build an aesthetically pleasing map. The aesthetic goals are 'programmed' into a set of cards which are dealt to each player and also determine how players score points. Its been play tested on a number of occasions with both 2 and 4 players. The game length can be set to range from 15 minutes to 1 hour. Matias is also bring this 3rd version of Classmates, undergoing a major revision from its last play at the group 2 months ago.

Karlo - Möbius World, which is a closed-bid auction and connection game for 2-6 players, typically in pairs. It’s been play tested and tweaked to work well with 4 and takes just over an hour.

Steve M - Segundai is a light tile-placement game for 2-4, where players discover and claim lands around the city-state of Segundai. In each turn, you will place tiles and move units in order to set yourself up for the best end-game scoring possible, requiring relatively even claims on two of the three land categories. And an Untitled card game, based most clearly off of Alhambra, with some very loose parallels to Corner Lot, Dominion, and the Catan: Card Game.

Travis - I will bring a revised version of Coffee Nation, a game of bidding and set collection for 2-5. We played this last time with 5 and it was too long! I hope some changes I made might make that number work as wel las the 2-3 version did, as well as making it less of a braining burning exercise. I will also be bringing a couple of independently released games Hibernia and Battlefields of Olympus if anyone has interest in playing (with or without me!)

Please feel free to join us by bringing in your own game designs or just joining the games we are testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MitchCJ wrote:
Sounds fun.

I just live on the wrong side of the water. :p

I do as well, but its close to where I work so make the trip into the office that day, but driving home the hour at close to midnight can be a drag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I hope to make it. Good group. But Monday is Yom Kippur and that should keep me away until sunset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry abouth that, bad planning on my side - we delayed our sons birthday party to next week for this reason so I should have know better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.