Subject: OK, I finally tried Coke Zero and... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
...it's not bad. Tastes very similar to Diet Pepsi. I probably won't drink it that much, since I don't drink sodas much. But I didn't have to wash out my mouth like I feared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...join us...

regular Coke will taste too sweet and syrupy forever more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Coke Zero is my fave of the diet sodas, but, like the Diet Coke family, is hard on my sensitive teeth, so I stick with Diet Pepsi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the point of Diet Soda? I mean really? Why ruin the taste with bizarre alternate sugar sources? yuk The best is the Coke that has actual sugar. Yum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of us. One of us.

And I think it's very close to diet Pepsi too, that's what I get when the Coke Zero is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
What's the point of Diet Soda? I mean really? Why ruin the taste with bizarre alternate sugar sources? yuk The best is the Coke that has actual sugar. Yum!

While I agree, do you have any idea how hard it is to buy soda in the US that has actual sugar in it? I'm not sure they actually make any, here!

However, I'm seeing more and more of our 'organic'-heavy grocery stores (although not the 'entirely organic' ones, of course) stocking "Mexico Coca-cola". Easily distinguished because (aside from the 'Product of Mexico' sticker) of the glass bottle.

This actually uses cane sugar. And it's very obviously better. High-fructose corn syrup (which is what sweetens virtually all sodas in the US) is rather crap in comparison. Although also becomes amusing when someone argues about how 'artificial' the sweetener is in diet beverages when the sweetener in most NON-diet beverages is just as artificial!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree that it's not as bad as other diet sodas, but I'm still unlikely to choose to drink one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

The point? Zero calories. I've lost 40 pounds and still get my soda fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Bolivian Coke Zero on the other hand ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a huge fan of Pepsi Max, actually.

Like Locusshifter - I've lost about 35 lbs in 3 months (not just from that, obviously). If you're a Pepsi fan, I have to say - it tastes very nearly like the real thing. Better than Diet Pepsi, better than Pepsi One...I've been amazed by how good it tastes.

It is - in fact - the only diet soda I enjoy drinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
wytefang wrote:

When you have diet soda long enough, you can no longer drink regular sodas--they're just too sweet. (In fact, if diet sodas aren't available, I'll mix Sprite with seltzer to cut down the sweetness factor.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You all suck. You keep me from my one true love, Vanilla Coke.

Write your Congressman to being Vanilla Coke back into international heavy distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coke zero is one of the worst sodas I've ever had along with Fanta which is supposed to taste like orange but actually tastes like dog poo (never tasted dog poo but my brain tells me it probably tastes better than Fanta). Also here's to hoping sodas here remain on real sugar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather drink nothing at all than diet soda.

That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
wytefang wrote:

First off, congrats, losing 40lbs is very impressive - but I've found that by maintaining a decent exercise regimen and a good diet, I'm able to have my sugary, yummy sodas and still not gain weight from them. (Requires drinking it in moderation, of course!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think the worst thing about being a crime boss would be having to write performance reviews for all of those career criminals.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

However, I'm seeing more and more of our 'organic'-heavy grocery stores (although not the 'entirely organic' ones, of course) stocking "Mexico Coca-cola". Easily distinguished because (aside from the 'Product of Mexico' sticker) of the glass bottle.

This actually uses cane sugar. And it's very obviously better. High-fructose corn syrup (which is what sweetens virtually all sodas in the US) is rather crap in comparison. Although also becomes amusing when someone argues about how 'artificial' the sweetener is in diet beverages when the sweetener in most NON-diet beverages is just as artificial!

One of my favorite "taco trucks" locally stocks a good selection of Mexican soft drinks, among which is cane-sugar Coke. (You can tell it's non-US because the bottle doesn't have the nutrition box.) I've indulged a few times, but they charge $1.50 per 16 oz. bottle, which is a bit steep for me. Still, sometimes it's worth it, because you can tell the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
... it is terrible. Of all the light\diet stuff, Coke Zero is surely the worst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.