Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Jeffries
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game of Le Havre solo last night, using the actual game (so no detailed session report). I was happy to break the 400pt barrier with 401pts. I think the key (in my opinion) was abusing the black market early in the game. Maybe the offer tiles came out just right, but after the first turn, I was able to plan to use black market at just the right time, then sell black market (or buy it) and abuse it again the next turn before empty offers get supplied again. I built nearly all the buildings, all the ships except one iron ship, and had lots of coke, cattle, and some steel left over near the end of the game for two shipping line actions. I only took one loan and paid it off a round or so later. I also got the windmill which I think helped me conserve much of my coke for the endgame.

I didn't alter the rules or setup in any way from what was listed in the rulebook.

Is 401pts pretty good for an honest solo game of Le Havre??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Evidently, you've played the full game (you mention coke). However, in the full game, there are NO other start buildings than the usual B1, B2 and B3. Black Market isn't in play in a full solo game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Busted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
laugh Nevermind, better luck next time you play by the rules, Rik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jeffries
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DOH! I made a foolish mistake with the starting buildings. shake

My mistake was seeing the light colored "start" on the buildings, and not realizing it was for the SHORT game!!!

Since then, I have played a few solo games (with the correct rules!) and scored in the 370's. The only rule I didn't play with was setting a limit of 4 for the market. Is that an errata or a variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty official, but I don't know if it's going to be (or already is) printed in later print runs of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
It's pretty official, but I don't know if it's going to be (or already is) printed in later print runs of the game.

It will. This is an official erratum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.