Subject: Chronicles set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick the Greek
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just seen a complete set for 30 euros (50 dollars approximately) at my local store. Are those cards any good or should I skip this purchase?

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Chronicles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Skip it. There's a few good cards in the set (City of Brass, Urzatron, etc.) but most of it is worthless. You could get all the actual good cards in the set as single for much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are just playing casual with your friends, the set will get you a few playable cards, like the good old urzatron and City of Brass. For the most part, the set is junk compared to what is printed today though: Erhnam Djinn was a worldbeater back in those days, but today he's barely adequate. Is he really any better than something like Chameleon Colossus, Ravenous Baloth or Cliffrunner Behemoth? And those are not exactly chase cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't underestimate the might of FELDON'S CANE

I agree, just skip it unless you want to have some of the specific cards for collector's purpose (like the Dragons, Urzatron, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
30 euros for:

Blood Moon, City of Brass, Tormod's Crypt, Remove Soul, Boomerang, Nicol Bolas, Concordant Crossroads

I think that is basically what you are paying for.
The Urzatron is literally like 50 cents each.

It's basically budget versions of previously printed cards.

But it IS worth having Chronicles cards if you can find packs cheap because you get these cards in ORIGINAL ARTWORK.

There is a way to get them black border some of the foreign are but it can be confusing which languages are black border and which are not. I won't go into details because I don't know 100%.
It is collectible enough that the black border sets outsold 4th edition in their native countries. It kept 4th edition on the shelf longer than normal. It's nigh impossible to get black border chronicles anymore but if you can get THAT...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.