Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: This thread has nothing to do with Space Hulk (third edition). Rather, it is a heartrending tale of generosity and poverty in the land of boardgame geeks.

Earlier this week I was lucky enough to stumble upon a copy of Formula Dé in a thrift shop. It was missing 4 of the 7 dice, but was otherwise complete. So I promptly posted this thread, asking my fellow BGGers where I could possibly purchase a set of replacement dice.

Barely over an hour later, a BGGer who is a complete stranger to me posted to state that he had a spare set of dice and would be willing to send them to me. After exchanging a couple of private messages, he had them in the mail. He is sending them to me free of charge, and is even covering the shipping costs himself. That wonderfully kind fellow is:

James Barnes
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I would like to properly thank James, but I only have a single GeekGold remaining (which I will tip to him), and 1 unit of an imaginary currency doesn't seem like a very adequate expression of thanks. So what I'm asking is, if you have a bunch of BGG that's burning a hole in your computer and you're looking for a worthy cause, please give James a tip on my behalf!

I realize this has pretty much become a "begging for GG" thread, and that I ought to just get off my lazy ass and create some valuable contributions for BGG and earn my keep. However, my wife and I have purchased our first home, which we're moving into in less than a month, and our lives are rather chaotic right now. Thus, my BGG time is going to be very limited for the next several weeks. In fact, I'm going to be offline altogether for the next several days since I start my next set of 12+ hour shifts tomorrow.

The only remaining problem is, how will I thank those who are generous enough to tip James on my behalf?

• [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent him a little something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can donate to BGG for 1 GG per dollar. That way, you simultaneously get GG, support the site, get a patron badge (if >=$15) and get to disable advertisements (if >=$25).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't have a bunch of BGG burning me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW!!!

Thanks so much to...

Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb

...and...

N/A

...and...

Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb

...and...

Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
[When asked if he would give a speech, Jinx said,] "Me, I'm a doer, not a talker." And when they asked him what it was he did, he said, "Sleep, mostly." -Walter R. Brooks
mbmbmbmbmb

(5 GG!! surprise )

I REALLY appreciate the help!! 7.05 8.05 GG has been sent to James, and now I'm heading offline for several days.

Cheers, and happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Barnes
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoooa!surprise

I don't know what to say...other than...thank you to everyone who was so generous to Josh and myself! And most especially thank you to Josh Jones!

I will definitely put all of your hard earned GG contributions to good use! As I mentioned to Josh, I am saving up for some Christmas Avatar giving coming up in the next few months! Passing on an avatar to a newbie is the best!

I really appreciate BGG and all those who make it the great place it is!
Generosity is always present!

Thank you all sincerely,
James Barnes
patchwerq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh, it's the most worthwhile GG begging post I've ever stumbled across.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:

The only remaining problem is, how will I thank those who are generous enough to tip James on my behalf? :what:

Tipped him for ya! For the record Josh, you have contributed in the past, glad to help you both out. Besides, I love hearing about people that do things for others just because they are in a position to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the dice just arrived moments ago - sealed in the original package, wrapped in bubble wrap, and packaged in a box, no less!!

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me give proper thanks to James! I knew I could count on your generosity!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.