Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Luta
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although labeled 'Canada' and Jamaica, are these blocks actually useable for any of the British invasions allowed by a random Admiralty event? Are the words only destination designations for the trans-Atlantic track, and otherwise they function as a combined Fleet/Transport block? (This is what I divine from reading the Admiralty Events chart, but do not see any mention in the rules, which seem to say Britain can 'only' invade Algiers, and that only on the Admiralty event, perhaps this is because the other missions are not actually 'invasions' but more sending British reinforcements to the location?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Zadiraka
United States
Holland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right basically. The names of the British Expeditions do not indicate where they can be used. Either Expedition can be used for any of the Admirality Events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fairley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Toronto - Ottawa - Seattle - Abu Dhabi
mbmbmbmbmb
It also seems to me, the British need to be pumping Manpower in to Expedition blocks all the time.

I just played my first game and pulled the Jamaica Expedition as my first Admiralty Event Chit and unless I'm missing something there was no way to complete that event without having the Expedition almost ready to go.

Only 4 manpower means it takes 4.5 turns to ready an expedition and it's a minimum 4 turns on the Transit track, plus having to get to the transfer point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.