Subject: Event cards with choices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards Professions and Crafts, Another Path to Power, and Class Trainer all offer a choice of the form "Each character may do X OR each character may do Y." The way this is worded makes it sounds like all characters have to take the same option. Is that correct? If so, which faction makes the choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each character decides for himself which of the two to perform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

If it is X or Y Ian, why do you think that the characters has to take the same option? Each character has the choice to take X OR Y . The wording tells you exactly that.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:
If it is X or Y Ian, why do you think that the characters has to take the same option? Each character has the choice to take X OR Y . The wording tells you exactly that.

No, it quite clearly says that each character may do X, or each character may do Y. It does not say that each character may do X or Y, which would totally change the meaning. I'm willing to accept that the latter is what was intended (the former would just be weird), but the fact is that the former is what is actually written on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If every character had to do the same thing, horde characters would always choose the option that didn't benefit the alliance, and the alliance would always choose the option that didn't benefit the horde.

The game would get bogged down into a haggle for a tiny option, which is not what this game is about.

Each player chooses the action for their own character, and it can differ from what other players want for their characters. The game usually lets you choose what is best for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.