Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Now before you strap on some Lightning Claws and slash me to pieces hear me out...

I love Space Hulk as much as the next AT fan and have a 2nd Ed. copy with expansions to prove it...

But by the Imperium, I can't help but feel that the Image pages are just flooded with SH images right now.

Where art though...Euro lovers? Can't you give us a little something to offer some variety? I love all games and want to see them all in their exquisite beauty.

I must confess that I've stopped looking at Space Hulk images as I am overloaded with too much sameness.

So I implore you Space Hulk fans - take as many photos as you like, but be smart and hold them back till the flood dies down. If I see 2 or 3 amongst 9 then I'm more likely to have a gander and drop you a thumb. Right now I'm just Genesteelered and Bolt Cannoned out!

On a side note, I wonder if this reflects at all about the changing face of BGG users. There can be no doubt that AT and Hybrid designs have seen an eminent rise in our hobby over the past 5-10 years.

As much as I enjoy a good euro, I've also appreciated the alternative.

Random rant of a madman over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try setting your image viewer to "recent" instead of "hot". You'll see a lot less SH that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Let me help you with that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's just too purdy... But I gotta say, it's a pain in the butt to assemble. I'm used to my games taking minutes to piece together, not hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark coomey
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yous guys need ta harden up!
Imagine if the Space Marines whined as much as you lot there'd never be any completed missions..Actually ya got me after I've downed a couple of Pino Noir's and I'm a little feisty..I'm lookin forward to playing this game some more..
-wiz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I
don't
know
what
you

are
talking
about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk has kind of taken over the front page, but I'm not really stressing over it. I would rather see mostly Space Hulk stuff, photos and all, than seeing 10 of the 12 Game Forum entries on the front page be BSG play-by-post games. At least the Space Hulk stuff is meaningful to many people, and even a lot of non-players can enjoy the paint jobs. The stupid BSG threads are only used by about 6 people each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
I love Space Hulk as much as the next AT fan and have a 2nd Ed. copy with expansions to prove it...

SECOND edition???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:

Where art though...Euro lovers? Can't you give us a little something to offer some variety? I love all games and want to see them all in their exquisite beauty.

I must confess that I've stopped looking at Space Hulk images as I am overloaded with too much sameness.

Random rant of a madman over.

But I'll tell you, it's a nice change of seeing those DAMN ANIMEEPLES/MEEPLES/WOODEN bits EVERY DAY!@!!@#$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
Try setting your image viewer to "recent" instead of "hot". You'll see a lot less SH that way.

Or just go to My Geek >> Account >> Layout >> Customize Front Page, and banish the images completely.

(Too bad there's no way to set them just to 'cats'.) laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
It's just too purdy... But I gotta say, it's a pain in the butt to assemble. I'm used to my games taking minutes to piece together, not hours...

T
ime-wise, Space Hulk is nothing to set up. You should try Heroscape!

Fat chance, right? No wooden counters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
It will settle down, eventually we got some piece and quite from that Frackin' Agricola pics. There will be another flavor of the day when Essen hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, agreed. This stupid game is seriously hurting the kids/cats/girlfriends/boobies quota.

And it has been such a long time since I could marvel at some wooden cube for hours...

Dammit Space Hulk! It is all your fault.

Now let me get back to prepping my own SH minis and paint them, so I can send you some pics...I bet you can't wait to see those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this for a change ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.