Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Jambo Expansion 2» Forums » General

Subject: If I only have base set, can I buy this and just add all the cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
Hi Mr Dorn,

Does this 2nd expansion require the first expansion to work?

Also, can I simply add every card that comes with the 2nd expansion to my base game? Or must I choose to replace some of the cards from original set?

Btw great game. I have had 1 heated argument with my GF so far. And we kept playing more rounds. She's pouted so much her lower lips are beginning to resemble some of the People card. Will let you know when we break up.

PS Say, any game you designed for people to make up and love each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rüdiger Dorn
Germany
Nürnberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
hello nat,

yes, to keep the right relation of people,....cards to ware cards.

rüdiger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alafter wrote:
Hi Mr Dorn,

Also, can I simply add every card that comes with the 2nd expansion to my base game? Or must I choose to replace some of the cards from original set?

Btw great game. I have had 1 heated argument with my GF so far. And we kept playing more rounds. She's pouted so much her lower lips are beginning to resemble some of the People card. Will let you know when we break up.

Why not just buy the 1st expansion? DOn't you want to complete Jambo experience? =)

I play with my husband and I am kinda like your gf. Sometimes I "cheat" just a little and my husband lets me because he loves me and he doesn't like to be punched. As a guy, you should let her "cheat" a little too, if you know what's good for you. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
kittyangel wrote:
alafter wrote:
Hi Mr Dorn,

Why not just buy the 1st expansion? DOn't you want to complete Jambo experience? =)

I play with my husband and I am kinda like your gf. Sometimes I "cheat" just a little and my husband lets me because he loves me and he doesn't like to be punched. As a guy, you should let her "cheat" a little too, if you know what's good for you. =)

Thanks Penny, and believe me, I am quickly learning that I should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alafter wrote:
kittyangel wrote:
alafter wrote:
Hi Mr Dorn,

Thanks Penny, and believe me, I am quickly learning that I should.

Live and learn. Jambo will bring you guys closer, hopefully, not break up you two. hehe...I am still waiting for this expansion. Seems that there was something wrong with the print run. garrrrrr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rüdiger Dorn wrote:
hello nat,

yes, to keep the right relation of people,....cards to ware cards.

rüdiger

I'm not sure I understand the answer. As the first expansion did not include any ware cards, some substitution of expansion cards for original deck cards was necessary. Does the 2nd expansion realign the ratios, so that ALL of the first expansion cards should be played with ALL of the second expansion cards, as well as ALL of the base deck?

Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Nobody knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second expansion does realign the ratios, such that you should play with all the base game, all the first expansion, and all the second expansion. Which is where the problem crops up for me. That is a seriously huge stack of cards! I wish there were some OFFICIAL way to streamline the deck. Such as removing certain useless or broken cards and yet still maintain the ratio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.