Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Starting the adventure from scratch because of the many errors I have made in my last few games. Here are the highlights of what I am fixing this time around.

I think Planning rolls apply only to the "group" events and goals and research, not individual personal Quality totals. Don't quite get this yet but will try.

Evade and Hide rolls are done by each individual in a group, not as a group. Talk and fight is done as a group.

You can use a move event to places alreay dicovered. I think this means you can go to places that do not have unique/instantainous results like the "find a body" event. That is over, but you can go shopping, or to the caves, graveyard, haunted mansion, or enemy base by making a move roll.

You can remain at places with separate event rolls as long as you wish

So once again I am off on a grand adventure.

The Doctor Brains 13, Brawn 6, brave 7, Charisma, Medicine, Thief, Aware, Tracking, Running, Engineering, Science.

Looking around have e183 Sonic Screwdriver. +1 Brawn vs Robots. Engineering +1, +2 Escape and Rescue.

Luck 4

I and at a401. Earth 2005. First Character is e090.

Turn 1
Explore r11+1=12 e082 r3 Reveal enemy. v503 Slitheen. DM-1. ( I assume that I cannot move back here for another roll on the dice -- I have seen what there is in this place. )

Encounter r5.

DM-1

Turn 2
Seek information Thief r6+1=7 +1 next time.

Encounter r5

Turn 3
Seek information, Thief r5+1+1=7 +1 next time

Encoutner r6

Turn 4
Seek information Thief: r6+1+1=8-->Location or Character. Choose Character e090 Rose joins as a Companion Luck +2. Brains for plot. r7 fail.
Rose 5-5-6( aware, Charisma, Computers, running )

Encounter: r5

Luck 6

Turn 5
Seek Information, Charisma r8 +2 =10 DM +1

Encounter r6-6 Character encoutner: e025 Harriet Jones joins as an ally. Brains for plot r8 fail.

Harriet 6-3-8 ( Aware, Bureaucrate, Charisma, History, Running, Thief )

DM 0

Turn 6
Seek information, Charisma r5+3=8: Location or Character--> Choose location e091 London Underground. r3--actions next turn. e255 or e252

Encounter r8-6 Character--> r4 e244 Businessman. Will talk r3+3=6 Talks briefly, then leaves.

Turn 7 Choose e252 department store --> then investigate +1 r8+4=12 e082 Important place ( But now [see turn 1] this is a separate place I have discovered ) r1 Its abandoned.

Encoutner r2

Turn 8 ( In desperation for DM the group splits -- Doctor in one group, Rose and Harriet in the other.

Rose + Harriet Seek information Aware r10+2=12 Goal event r4 e214 Hunt Fugitive Goal 3
Doctor seek information thief. r5+1=6 No effect.

Encoutner
Doctor r7-4: Event 2 e160 --> Alien Spacecraft. Brains to recognize r9+3=12 DM +1
Doctor r7-6 --e041 A r4 pushy Reporter who r4+1 wanders off.

DM +4
Luck 5

Turn 12-- this is it, down to the wire
Doing
Doctor Defeat the enemy
Harriet Join doctor
Rose Join Doctor.

Order
Doctor
Rose
Harriet

Result
Doctor r6+4=10 -- use luck r10+4=14 Enemy Encouter There are 5 Slitheen. talking needs an 8, and then they attack -- there are just too many to risk it, So will Hide r7 fail, then evade r4, Looks as if I were destin to talk r10, burn luck r6 success and the Slitheen are defeated. Didn't even get to use my Neutrino Catalyser.

Luck 4

Aftermath
Luck +4 = 8.

Use 3 luck to increase Brawn to 7
Use 4 luck to increase Brawn to to 8

Luck at 1 now -- taking a big chance here.

The Doctor Brains 13, Brawn 8, brave 7, Charisma, Medicine, Thief, Aware, Tracking, Running, Engineering, Science.

Vortex r9 then r6 for e009: Tardis Modifications Engineering r10+1=11 and make it then r5 Artefact r5 e195 Chameleon Arch. Effectively can hide instead of loose an adventure. Cool.

Now, since really low on luck will try to go to a holiday destination r3 but the TARDIs instead goes to 5-5 A433 the Torajii System 4108, Oh oh, on the show this was a bad time for the doctor. Shorten time to win by 1 when get a positive DM, unless from an enemy DM. ( If the enemy has a positive DM ) If enemy V542 DM-1, Not the time to have only one luck.

Turn 1 split
Doctor expore r7+1=8: Character event e100 -- 1 Ood Joins as an ally (Great a time bomb joins me.)
Rose r11 : Plot event e140 Sabotage -- but Rose deals with it easily r11 DM+1, Turn now 2. +2 Charisma for Talk in Character event for Rose.

Ood 2-5-1 (creature, Engineering, Minion )

Encounter
Rose r6
Doctor r6

DM+1

Turn 3: Will not split Ood here because the Doctor wouldn't know Ood might be dangerous.
Rose: Explore r7 no effect.
Doctor and Ood: Explore r4+1=5 Your group is split. ( how ironic )

Encounters.
Doctor r5
Rose r12-1 Enemy v533 Aquarius Corporation. DM+1 r3 e074 Hostile Servo Robot. 2-7-7 ( Machine, Tracking, r2 none) Run r6+1=7 and succeed in running.
Ood r9-1 Enemy r3+1=4 e244 Businessman. Talk 5+3=8. Plot becomes goal e214 Hunt Fugitive. Goal 3

DM +2

Turn 4
Ood move to join doctor r9 success
doctor move to join Rose r8 success
Rose move to join Doctor. r10 success

Encoutner r5

Turn 5
Research Engineering r4+2=5 no result.

Encounter r6-4 Event 2 r6=e002. r1=e002a Separated.

Turn 6
Doctor Research Engineering r9+2=11 DM+1 Now turn 7. DM=3 enough to oppose
Rose move to join doctor. r6 fail

Encoutners:
Doctor r4
Rose r6- Automatically enemy. r5+2+2=9 r1+2=2 enforcers and 1 section leader. Hide r7 fail, Talking is useless, so try Evade r3+1=4 fail. Surrender r4 and are captured. e059 r5 eo59a--> Minor offence. rfor trial r9, roll for release r11 released. ( Rolled immediately as it states 'each turn' and this is a turn)

turn 8
Doctor plan Charisma ( but only if can be added for oppose -- which in this case I think it can) r9 Success Charisma +3
Rose join the doctor r4 fails.

Encounters
Rose r6-6 auto enemy r1+2+3=6 e145 Traitor; Since no allies in this group it becomes an unknown agent. DM-1 and 5 -2 to planning and research rolls (ouch)
Doctor r7-1 enemey r4+6=10 2 enforcers and a section leader. Will choose to talk need 13-4=9. r9 Success. DM+1 Now turn 9

DM 3

Turn 10
Doctor move to rose r11 success.
Rose move to doctor

Encoutner r4

Turn 11

defeat the enemy. r3+3=6 lose 1 luck burn luck to change. r7+3=10 An unknown factor e111, r3 Run!
Running roll Rose r8 excapes
Doctor --I don't think he has to roll, but rolled anyway before trying to look it up. R9 and escapes.
Ood-- r5 Fails: Ood sacrifices himself to save the fugitive.

Enemy is defeated

Aftermath

Doctor luck +2 now is 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great session report - thanks.

swbfraser wrote:

Starting the adventure from scratch because of the many errors I have made in my last few games. Here are the highlights of what I am fixing this time around.

I think Planning rolls apply only to the "group" events and goals and research, not individual personal Quality totals. Don't quite get this yet but will try.

Correct - it means that you as a group are trying to find ways of Defeating the enemy

Evade and Hide rolls are done by each individual in a group, not as a group. Talk and fight is done as a group.

Correct, although you fight as individuals as stated in the Combat rules

You can use a move event to places alreay dicovered. I think this means you can go to places that do not have unique/instantainous results like the "find a body" event. That is over, but you can go shopping, or to the caves, graveyard, haunted mansion, or enemy base by making a move roll.

You can remain at places with separate event rolls as long as you wish

Yes - look for keyword 'Location' in the event.

So once again I am off on a grand adventure.

The Doctor Brains 13, Brawn 6, brave 7, Charisma, Medicine, Thief, Aware, Tracking, Running, Engineering, Science.

Looking around have e183 Sonic Screwdriver. +1 Brawn vs Robots. Engineering +1, +2 Escape and Rescue.

Luck 4

I and at a401. Earth 2005. First Character is e090.

Turn 1
Explore r11+1=12 e082 r3 Reveal enemy. v503 Slitheen. DM-1. ( I assume that I cannot move back here for another roll on the dice -- I have seen what there is in this place. )

Correct - no 'Location' keyword in the event

Turn 6
Seek information, Charisma r5+3=8: Location or Character--> Choose location e091 London Underground. r3--actions next turn. e255 or e252

Encounter r8-6 Character--> r4 e244 Businessman. Will talk r3+3=6 Talks briefly, then leaves.

Turn 7 Choose e252 department store --> then investigate +1 r8+4=12 e082 Important place ( But now [see turn 1] this is a separate place I have discovered ) r1 Its abandoned.

How do you choose the dept store here?? Turn 6 gives you that choice for 1 turn only.

Encoutner
Doctor r7-4: Event 2 e160 --> Alien Spacecraft. Brains to recognize r9+3=12 DM +1
Doctor r7-6 --e041 A r4 pushy Reporter who r4+1 wanders off.

Is the reprter encounter for Harriet and Rose?

Yes you are! Looking at this, I'm not sure if Quality increases are a bit cheap? I think I might increase them

The Doctor Brains 13, Brawn 8, brave 7, Charisma, Medicine, Thief, Aware, Tracking, Running, Engineering, Science.

Vortex r9 then r6 for e009: Tardis Modifications Engineering r10+1=11 and make it then r5 Artefact r5 e195 Chameleon Arch. Effectively can hide instead of loose an adventure. Cool.

Now, since really low on luck will try to go to a holiday destination r3 but the TARDIs instead goes to 5-5 A433 the Torajii System 4108, Oh oh, on the show this was a bad time for the doctor. Shorten time to win by 1 when get a positive DM, unless from an enemy DM. ( If the enemy has a positive DM ) If enemy V542 DM-1, Not the time to have only one luck.

I've just done the Living Star enemy from this show actually!

Encoutners:
Doctor r4
Rose r6- Automatically enemy. r5+2+2=9 r1+2=2 enforcers and 1 section leader. Hide r7 fail, Talking is useless, so try Evade r3+1=4 fail. Surrender r4 and are captured. e059 r5 eo59a--> Minor offence. rfor trial r9, roll for release r11 released. ( Rolled immediately as it states 'each turn' and this is a turn)

No, this should be the next turn

turn 8
Doctor plan Charisma ( but only if can be added for oppose -- which in this case I think it can) r9 Success Charisma +3

Ay? Traits are gained 1 at a time. Or do you mean with gaining Charisma here and with the Doctor and rose, you now have a total of 3 Charisma?

Turn 11

defeat the enemy. r3+3=6 lose 1 luck burn luck to change. r7+3=10 An unknown factor e111, r3 Run!
Running roll Rose r8 excapes
Doctor --I don't think he has to roll, but rolled anyway before trying to look it up. R9 and escapes.
Ood-- r5 Fails: Ood sacrifices himself to save the fugitive.

All Characters - including the Doctor - would have to make the roll

Lots of fun here. Thanks for your nice coments too.

Session reports like this really help me examine the rules and systems closely

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swbfraser wrote:

Turn 4

As I understand it, Rose would not have to roll to join up, the Doctor's roll already joined him (and the Ood) up at Rose's location,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
swbfraser wrote:

Turn 4

As I understand it, Rose would not have to roll to join up, the Doctor's roll already joined him (and the Ood) up at Rose's location,

yes that's correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragoncymru wrote:
Another great session report - thanks.

swbfraser wrote:

clip...

Turn 6

How do you choose the dept store here?? Turn 6 gives you that choice for 1 turn only.
mis-read and thought you had to wait till next turn to get to the department store. Makes much more sense to go to the department store immediately.
Quote:
Quote:

Encoutner
Harriet and Rose r7-6 --e041 A r4 pushy Reporter who r4+1 wanders off.

Is the reprter encounter for Harriet and Rose?
The reporter was for Harriet and Rose And I see that the Charisma Roll should have been at +2. r4+2=5
Quote:
Quote:

Yes you are! Looking at this, I'm not sure if Quality increases are a bit cheap? I think I might increase them
I don't know, Adding to the Brawn was doing something different. Usually would have spent points on Charisma then Medicine which is likely the better move so as to get the +1 on Charisma rolls. If you want to increase maybe 1/2 score rounded up +1
Quote:
Quote:

clip...

turn 8

Ay? Traits are gained 1 at a time. Or do you mean with gaining Charisma here and with the Doctor and rose, you now have a total of 3 Charisma?
I Misread and thought I would get +3 for the trait. Fortunately it did not matter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:

swbfraser wrote:

Turn 4

I was just rolling for the fun of it and realized it was not required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.