Hide
6 Posts

Cutthroat Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Potion of Iron Skin versus Creature Attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Wolf
msg tools
We played against Medusa recently and someone used their Potion of Iron Skin. It was argued that since the text of the item card only mentions damage, that person could still be affected by any other aspect of the creature's attack.

This meant that if he flipped heads, he would still lose his next turn even if he didn't lose LP. I just looked at the rules where it mentions that the creature's attack and its affect always go together. (like the Ripper hitting you and taking a random card). Does that mean we played it wrong? Should the Potion of Iron Skin have meant that he didn't need to flip the coin at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect is tied to the damage, so no, you needn't flip the coin if you are undamaged - including through the use of Iron Skin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You forgot your "From the creator:" phrase! ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernaar wrote:

You forgot your "From the creator:" phrase!

First thing i noticed too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Wolf
msg tools
Smirky wrote:
The effect is tied to the damage, so no, you needn't flip the coin if you are undamaged - including through the use of Iron Skin.

I have a follow up question to this. When you're using this potion, I assume you cannot use any of the redirect action cards either as they would have no affect (My Hero, Human Shield).

Can you not use Counter Strike against the creature either, since you're not being damaged?

It seems like a very slight nuance, since there is the Poke with a Stick card that also has a value of zero but still is a valid attack. I noticed the Iron Skin text reads that damage is reduced to zero (instead of saying attacks have no affect). Not sure if that specific wording is intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimrex Ptt
Taiwan
flag msg tools
JimmyWolf wrote:
Smirky wrote:

I have a follow up question to this. When you're using this potion, I assume you cannot use any of the redirect action cards either as they would have no affect (My Hero, Human Shield).

Can you not use Counter Strike against the creature either, since you're not being damaged?

It seems like a very slight nuance, since there is the Poke with a Stick card that also has a value of zero but still is a valid attack. I noticed the Iron Skin text reads that damage is reduced to zero (instead of saying attacks have no affect). Not sure if that specific wording is intentional.

I have the same question as Jimmy, does anyone resolve it? Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.