Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a UK based Board Game retailer that has free shipping within Europe/World Wide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That store had lot's of boardgames! I bought a boardgame for half the price of what it costs here in Sweden!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a prayer. The Postal service in the UK is a complete f*** up. This week I took collection of a game from the US and had to pay £4 for the customs charge and £8 for a P.O.handling charge. To top that I tried to send a maths trade to Cyprus and because the parcel weighed 2.038kg the cheapest postage was £36 because 'it ws over 2kg. I had to take some cards out and post them seperately to reduce the total postage cost for the now two packages to £16.

Combine that with the fact that they are more on strike than at work (during the heaviest recession since the 1930's) the entire system is in meltdown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Thorsen
Denmark
Odense M
Odense M
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know of The 13th Floor. Not primarily a boardgame shop, but they sell some (hidden under collectibles).

I've bought quite a few deck protecters, a couple of games, and a couple of minis. Always arrive on time and no fuss.

The prices are ok, but not "wow!".

http://www.the13thfloor.co.uk/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If You want to cope with a bit of german - not too difficult as the engines are the same, just the text differs - why not use amazon.de. I think shipping to Sweden was 6 Euro flat. That would be not free but when You buy 3 games 2 Euro per game (around 20 SKR I think) is not too bad...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You wish.

Postage is a pest.

Allthough from where I am some German shops are not all that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalOak wrote:
AFAIK, nobody offers free shipping in Europe, with the sole exception of the book depository (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk, but they are not really a boardgame retailer, although they offer several games.

They sell games?
Please tell me where to find them, all I see is books...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also get MUCH better prices on mainstream games with amazon.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butter Lemon wrote:
Have you seen the postal rates over here?? cry

Best thing to do is head over to Tony's Geeklist of European retailers, contact several from different countries and see who gives you the best overall deal on what you are specifically after. Remember to double check import and VAT regulations from wherever you are as you may be liable for additional charges.

Actually some retailers on that list do offer free shipping in Europe, notably some French game stores. What their prices are like I have no idea.
And some game stores have free shipping to their native country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.