Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Valdora» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Bernhardt
msg tools
mb
Hi everyone,
just a short question:

Am I allowed to buy as many contracts ( up to three max. regarding the rules) in a city as I want to? Or can i just buy the two contracts that are the top pages of each book?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

André

Valdora
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Iffland wrote:
Am I allowed to buy as many contracts ( up to three max. regarding the rules) in a city as I want to? Or can i just buy the two contracts that are the top pages of each book?


You can buy as many contracts as you can afford (with Silver) and since 6 Silver is the most you could have at anytime, you could theoretically buy 6 contracts. Keep in mind however, that you are only allowed to have 3 uncompleted contracts at anytime, so before you buy the 4th, you need to return one of the 3 you already have back to the book. Also, instead of buying one of the face up contracts, you can pay 1 silver to flip the page in either direction.

My only question with turning pages in the contract books is whether it ever makes sense to pay to turn pages instead of just buying the contract since it costs the same. I could see using it to try and bury a contract from another player, but otherwise would it not always just be best to buy it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
Keep in mind however, that you are only allowed to have 3 uncompleted contracts at anytime, so as soon as you buy the 4th, you need to return one of the 3 you already have back to the book.
[...]
My only question with turning pages in the contract books is whether it ever makes sense to pay to turn pages instead of just buying the contract since it costs the same.

You need to return one of your old contracts before you buy.

Say i have 2 silber and 1 gold contract, and some silver pieves. I'd like to buy another silver contract, but if i don't get one, i might prefer to keep the gold contract, and not exchange it for whatever is on top of the book.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Werbaer wrote:
Say i have 2 silber and 1 gold contract, and some silver pieves. I'd like to buy another silver contract, but if i don't get one, i might prefer to keep the gold contract, and not exchange it for whatever is on top of the book.
Good point, although you could buy back the gold if the card underneath the one you bought was not what you were looking for but you would be out one additional silver.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.