Markku W
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New character is not treated like a starting character, and doesn't recieve any skill cards. Right?

So, for a "friendly" execution choose a player on your left, and for an "hostile" execution, a player on your right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, you are correct.

And probably a good way to put the left / right thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Friendly", yeesh. Dr. Baltar did an excellent, and chilling, death scene in BSG 25. Executing isn't something I take lightly anymore.

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I was running some numbers in my head about a possible game breaking strategy where the first priority is to execute everyone right after the sleep phase. In a 6 player game you will take at most a 6 morale hit and then know who all the Cylons are. Morale is the easiest thing to get back so I wonder how well it would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markku W
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nilus wrote:
Actually I was running some numbers in my head about a possible game breaking strategy where the first priority is to execute everyone right after the sleep phase.

And allow only the "cleansed" players attend the witch-hunt after a couple of executions? If the character that is to be executed protests that only proofs that he's a toaster... devil

Have to play more with the expansion before I decide if there's too much or just a right amount of opportunities for meta-gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nilus wrote:
Actually I was running some numbers in my head about a possible game breaking strategy where the first priority is to execute everyone right after the sleep phase. In a 6 player game you will take at most a 6 morale hit and then know who all the Cylons are. Morale is the easiest thing to get back so I wonder how well it would work.

In two of the three PBF games I played, morale at one point was really, really low WITHOUT executions. Sure, you can raise morale, but that's going to take actions that you might like to have later.

(This includes 19, where our Admiral was insisting on keeping morale and other resources high and we STILL are now at morale 2 [grin]).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically 3 if you are playing with the Cylon Leader.

I honestly wasn't considering it an optimal strategy, just something I was playing with in my head. I actually don't like metagaming BSG. Its much more fun as a Role playing board game where its fun to win but the experience is primary. I really hate when people intentional put a resource in the red so the Sympathizer is human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nilus wrote:
I really hate when people intentional put a resource in the red so the Sympathizer is human.

Well, think of it this way. The humans don't all get along, they squabble amongst themselves. A lot! So driving a resource or two down is actually thematic.

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
With New Caprica I find morale to be one of the most valuable resources. It seems like there's an awful lot of morale loss in that deck, in addition to the potential loss of anyone who's locked up or too slow to get off planet.

I still don't like how beneficial execution is (especially 'easy' executions from crises), but I would be careful just throwing morale away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
If the debate goes again about how beneficial execution can be (and I think it can be), I'll go with this two variants:

- Before the Sleeper Phase, if somebody is executed, shuffle his/her loyalty card in the loyalty deck and he draws another one. This way, by killing a human, you may have just drawn another Cylon earlier in the game.

- When somebody is executed, draw randomly his/her replacement character. This way, no "let's execute me so we can take this character" strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
I think executing everyone is a game losing strategy, unless you are a cylon! It costs quite alot of actions and cards, even if we asume the 'victim' uses up all of his in advance. The morale cost isnt the only one after all. After doing that, how would the humans manage the next crisis checks or keep themselves out of the brig if a Cylon Leader or one of the Cylons are the last to be executed! The idea to only let 'confirmed' humans contribute to the airlock checks makes this even worse as that means any undiscovered cylons will be the ones with the card power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.