Subject: Tax card: 10vp --> 1 peso rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card states: "Pay 1 peso for every 10 victory points achieved!". If I have less than 10 Vp I can't pay tax thus I can't gain 2vps? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I would read it is - the tax is equal to 1 per 10VP. If you don't have 10 VP, the tax is 0. By paying 0, you'd still qualify for the bonus.

Just the way I would read it. I double checked the rule book, there is nothing explicitly written about that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But, in the way you read, if the tax is 2 pesos like in the beginning of the game and you don't have money, you will earn 2 VP like each other player who paid the 2 pesos. This seems to me very unfair...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
totonno wrote:
But, in the way you read, if the tax is 2 pesos like in the beginning of the game and you don't have money, you will earn 2 VP like each other player who paid the 2 pesos. This seems to me very unfair...

If the tax is 2, and you don't have money - you can't pay the tax, therefore you don't get the VP's.

The card 10vp=1peso tax is a variable tax. The 2 peso tax is a flat tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I now understand you! You are right but They should write more clearly: "Pay 1 peso for every 10 victory points achieved! If you have less than 10 take/don't take 2 points."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming VP are a form of prestige Class you fit into. If i am a poor Cuban with little or no prestige, my prestige has no where to go but up, there for it cost me nothing to have my prestige go up (cost = 0 peso for 2 VP). Now that dude over there we all know who he is, prestige level higher than 10, say is about 15, we will make him pay to have his prestige raise higher (Cost = 1 pesto for 2 VP). Some people in Cuba can enter establishments for free as they have little to nothing, where others must pay as they all know he has means and can pay. This is the intent of the game, for the fellow behind to be able to catch up easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.