BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Shops in Chicago or where should I buy online? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
So, my brother will be in Chicago in a few weeks (stupid him, he won´t be back before Essen -.- ) and he would buy a few games for me (see this thread) if possible.

Now where should I send him to get those games? I don´t know where exactly he will stay, but I guess he will try to be everywhere anyway

On the other hand it shouldn´t be a problem to buy some games online and use his temporary address, but where should I order the games and who has them available?

Thanks alot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This past summer, I visited two Chicago game shops: Cat and Mouse and Chicagoland games. They are both great board game stores with knowledgeable staff and opportunities to try many games on for size. Both are clean and well kept. They both have an online presence and should be able to tell you if their inventory contains your games ahead of time.

I would say that Chicagoland has a bit deeper selection for grown up gamers while Cat and Mouse has one of the larger collection of kid games (lots of Haba) that I have seen at any store.

Either one is worth a visit.

Also, check out http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3872663#3872663
for more commentary on Chicago area game stores.

Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Plus has the widest selection of games in the area. It is in a suburb, Mount Prospect. It is easy to get to on Metra (our commuter rail system)

Black Sun Games is also in Chicago proper.

Here is everyone's contact information. Probably, any one of them would be willing to hold the games for you or order in something they do not have.

Games Plus
101 W. Prospect
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
www.games-plus.com

Black Sun Games
5426 N. Kedzie
Chicago, IL 60625
www.blacksungameschicago.com

Chicagoland Games
1207 W. Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, IL 60660

Cat & Mouse
2212 W. Armitage
Chicago, IL 60647
www.cat-n-mouse.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
wow, thanks both of you very very much!

That should be enough info to work with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan O'Brien
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicagoland Games web site is http://www.chicagolandgames.com/

because I'm a completist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.