Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to Dan (and Mark) for a deserved number one place on the BGG War Game chart.

OK, it's just had its required 30 ratings so there's time enough for it to drop down the ratings in the future. But the position (with an average rating of 9.19) does reflect the quality of the game (components and gameplay) and the excellent support from Dan.

Interesting that three of the top four war games are solitaire games (and that my last three purchases were those same three games - RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940 and D-Day at Omaha Beach are both excellent games by the way).

Roll on the next Fifth Column production!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
Congratulations to Dan (and Mark) for a deserved number one place on the BGG War Game chart.

OK, it's just had its required 30 ratings so there's time enough for it to drop down the ratings in the future. But the position (with an average rating of 9.19) does reflect the quality of the game (components and gameplay) and the excellent support from Dan.

Interesting that three of the top four war games are solitaire games (and that my last three purchases were those same three games - RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940 and D-Day at Omaha Beach are both excellent games by the way).

Roll on the next Fifth Column production!

Yep, keen to hear what Dan has up his sleeve, I think he said there'd be news of it in the next few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that there is a a discrepancy though - this "wargame" list shows Space Hulk (third edition) as #1 with Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic as number two.

http://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame?sort=wargamerank&r...

EDIT: Just noticed that the discrepancy is coming from the two lists - boardgamegeek.geekdo.com site shows WTID as #1 (with Space Hulk nowhere to be seen) whereas the boardgamegeek.com site shows Space Hulk as #1 with WTID as #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow Space Hulk has managed to get a wargame rank of 1. Not sure how. But as WTID has the higher average rating it should definitely be in the number one position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wierd. Now *both* WTID and Space Hulk show up as #1 here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame?sort=wargamerank&r...

However, on your wargame rating link Space Hulk is still nowhere to be found...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Guys,

Thanks to everyone who voted us into top spot.

Greatly appreciated.

I'll be breaking cover very shortly to talk about what's in the
pipeline.

Just for my own curiosity, what's the difference between the 'Geek
Rating' and the 'Average Rating'?

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Geek rating has a number of 5s added in to average out the score. This prevents a game getting a few high ratings and moving straight to the top of the rankings. The average 5s are eventually swamped by real ratings. The average rating is the true average of all those that rated the game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/ratings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.