mbmbmbmbmb
Game Setup: Base game + Something Wicked + Hero Pack

Gametype: Competitive

The Players:
Maly as VALERIA THE ETERNAL
Chris as BROTHER MARCUS
and Myself as THE SCARLET SHADOW

Bog Fiend as HIMSELF

This was the first time for any of us to try out the new expansion. We picked randomly out of the new characters and monsters.

Because I was the Scarlet Shadow and could start on any road space, I put myself on the new board so I could do all new stuff before anyone else. Things were going well for me at first I was getting good items and eventually ended up with three extra wound markers. My only major problem was I wasn't getting hardly any investigation, or event cards. Then a fateful trip to the Monastery and I became possessed. (during the mystery phase, I had to travel to a random location and if another player was there I had to fight them.) Now being the Talisman player that I am, I was really excited about fighting other players, and I've always been disappointed that players could never choose to battle each other in aToE. This being a competitive game, I was happy with my inflection.

Brother Marcus on the other hand was rolling in the investigation. During the first Mystery phase two investigation was put on every named location. With both boards in play, that's a whole lot of investigation lying around. He was getting investigation left and right. Maly and I were beginning wondering if Marcus was dipping into the collection plate. He made his way to the Forgotten Island and got stuck there for two turns, which eventually led him to get "the Madness." The good news was he was for sure going to get off the Island on his next turn.

Valeria was having a case of the bad luck. During the 2nd Mystery phase she had to fight the Bog Fiend and died. The first two locations she went to, she drew holy items, which she can't use because she's a vampire. This is very usual for Maly. Every time she has played the game, she ends up crushing the monster with her little finger before anyone else has even bought a lair card. Then to top it off, she too came down with The Madness.

So even before the half-way point of the game none of us had any real control of where they could go. Lucky for us the Shadow track was moving very slowly. But that all changed, we lost three town elders in short order.

Marcus was the first to get rid of the madness and passed it off to me. He was still upset that I killed him that one time. He was able to spend his mountain of investigation on Monastery items and buffed himself good. He then began destroying Mosquito swarms left and right. Valeria overcame her madness as well and bought out the blacksmith's.

Feeling left out I was able to rid myself of my madness and spent my hard earned investigation at the Monastery and picked up a flail and a sword. I had 8 attack dice and 6 wounds so I was feeling pretty good, I foolishly picked up a lair card for 8 investigation. It was for the Manor, but the problem was I was still possessed and could never get close enough to start a fight. I also had gotten wounded from killing both the other players, so any investigation I got I had to spend slowly healing myself and I was constantly short on investigation.

I could have tried to rid my possession but it was doubley dangerous for me. Being the Scarlet Shadow anytime I stepped into town I risked losing d6 investigation/wounds + the good Doctor was also possessed and anyone visiting him also risked getting slashed to death.

I did eventually heal completely, but by that time, the shadow track had fallen where it was supper affordable to get lair cards. I was one turn away from starting the final confrontation, but Brother Marcus, on his turn right before mine, swooped in and destroyed the bog fiend in three rounds.

Maly and myself might have been able to play some of our event cards to help turn the tide, but the game was already at the two hour mark, and we were just happy to have the game end.

Overall everyone had a good time, and we all love the edition to the 2nd map and look forward to out next game. I might have lost but at least I got to kill the other players bathing myself in there blooddevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.