Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are tons of free PnP games available on BGG. Assuming you can narrow down the list to the ones you want to play, the problem is finding the time to make them. And I think that's where most people get stuck. I, for one, have a sizable list of PnPs in my "to print" folder.

So in an effort to alleviate this problem, I'm doing my small part. Visit the October Game Lottery Geeklist here where I'm giving away three copies of Chunky Fighters, including the first expansion, to help out those who want to play but don't have the time to build the game.

For PnP designers: These lotteries are a great way to get your game into some people's hands. You want more people to play your game, so why not give away a copy or two? So I invite all of you to use this lottery. What have you got to loose except the cost of materials?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update!
We had a great response last month with this lottery. The entire October Lottery had over 630 thumbs, there were around 150 items in the lottery, and combined they earned more than thirty-three thousand (that's 33,000) Geekgold! I think everyone had a good time with it, although there were almost no print and play offerings.

So after taking a month off to work on Chunky Fighters, I am putting up some more copies of the game in December's Geekgold for Games Lottery. This lottery will have two unique winners. I am also including a special offer for limited edition alternate art Fighters for Chunky Fighters. This offer is available to anyone and is not contingent to winning the lottery. You can learn more about this at the Chunky Fighters lottery item.

PnP Designers
My challenge still stands! A lot of people would love to try some great PnP games but don't have the time or energy to build their own. Put up a copy or two of your games in the lottery! In addition gaining a lot of visibility, you will be able to gauge how much interest people have in your games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
will there be any more CF lotteries? I really want a copy of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cpf86 wrote:
will there be any more CF lotteries? I really want a copy of it.

I will probably hold another lottery, but not in January. Thanks for your interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erhan Cubukcuoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You lottery ide a is very nice. When I see your message here I said "yes ı can participate" with adding some PnP or DIY. But I made a small research the chippest shipping to USA is more than 20 USD with 2-3 month delivery. It's a real game price. I tink, if ı give one game free to all participants, because of shipping no body will participate to my offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick idea is really good. I understand the problem raised by Erhan since I live in italy where getting something from USA is really a mess (lost packages and shipping costs are my nightmare). Maybe designers could crate a lottery for people living in the same continent (USA lottery - Europe lottery etc), it would limit the number of entries but will be a first way to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.