Subject: Enhanced/degraded Search rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving counters around and going through the rules for the first time.

It says in 13.10 that the weather can affect the Argentine Task Group Detection rolls. Does that mean only when British vessels search for the Argentine Task Groups (surface vessels)? Or is it when the Argentines makes Task Group searches for British vessels?

Could someone please clarify this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wright
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The enhanced/degraded search only applies to the Argentine Task Groups when searching for the British.

As I'm sure your aware the type of emhanced/degraded counter in play is decided by the weather.

So for example, a Foggy day(or worse) would result in Carrier Task Group degradation when searching. Thematically this represents the fact that Argentinian aircraft operating off of the Carrier would be less likely to spot the British task force.

Conversely, if the weather is Fair or better in the same situation the Carrier group would have a better chance of finding the British.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification! Now when I know how it works, I also see it in the text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, so far, I'm finding it to be a real bugger when the weather is anything less than grey. Then again, if the weather is too cloudy or stormy then it makes Harrier recovery on those supply interdiction runs more dangerous and almost not worth the interdiction effort.

Bother. Damn choices...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sundborg
United States
Carthage
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
does this apply in the search for British Subs by surface forces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.