Hide
4 Posts

Cutthroat Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Special Attacks vs. Action Cards on Other Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Wolf
msg tools

This was a sneaky tactic done on me and I wonder if it's legal. I can kill the creature with my revealed special attack (the card that matches my character portrait). I thought that was it until another player tried something. So what he decides to do is since he can't touch my card, perhaps he can affect another player's card before me.

So he used a "Tougher Than He Looks" action card on previous player to stop me from killing it. Are you allowed to do this?

And if so, can he also even Critical Miss someone else just to stop a special attack from killing a monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Critical Miss has to be played on a just revealed attack card, so that would be a no go. Not sure about TTHL; what is the card text?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Wolf
msg tools
Titeman wrote:
I believe Critical Miss has to be played on a just revealed attack card, so that would be a no go. Not sure about TTHL; what is the card text?...

TTHL - Play in response to any attack card. Rotate the card to its next lowest value

I guess the bigger question becomes, when can you use a card on an attack that has already been successfully done and placed on the damage stack?

I know Twist The Knife allows you to specifically go back and change any card already played even if it's from a few turns before. Can you do the same with TTHL/NST or any other action cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

Nope. Twist the Knife is a special case and has wording describing how it breaks the core rules. Once players allow an attack to pass, it is done. You can't retroactively reduce a previous attack to make the current attack non-lethal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.