Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the comic shop today to pick up a copy of this. I figured I'd read the rules and see if it interested me, and if not, I'd sell it next summer when the prices have gone up some more. So I went, and I asked, and they said some other guy came in this morning and bought the last two copies. Why couldn't he leave one for me? Does he really need two copies? Or is he planning to hold them for a few months and sell at a profit, too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to wait til summer. He'll probably be willing to sell if to you today once he reads this.

Sell at a modest profit, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I don't know about anyone else who bought more than one copy, but I can tell you how and why I did it.

The why is simple: so I can put them together to make a giant scenario. I've got a decent-sized table, and I want to fill it with a Space Hulk scenario.

As for the how, I waited at least a week after buying my first copy, just in case someone else wanted one. When I saw that my local store still had three or four copies left a week later, I went ahead and picked up a second copy.

After reading about others and their double-blind games, I was actually tempted to try to get a third copy, but some form of common sense took over. Well, that or the realization that at least one person I would play such a scenario with would have a copy of his own.

I have no intention of keeping either of my copies in the shrinkwrap and trying to sell them for a profit later. I plan to use both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Volfield wrote:
Now I don't know about anyone else who bought more than one copy, but I can tell you how and why I did it.

The why is simple: so I can put them together to make a giant scenario. I've got a decent-sized table, and I want to fill it with a Space Hulk scenario.

As for the how, I waited at least a week after buying my first copy, just in case someone else wanted one. When I saw that my local store still had three or four copies left a week later, I went ahead and picked up a second copy.

After reading about others and their double-blind games, I was actually tempted to try to get a third copy, but some form of common sense took over. Well, that or the realization that at least one person I would play such a scenario with would have a copy of his own.

I have no intention of keeping either of my copies in the shrinkwrap and trying to sell them for a profit later. I plan to use both of them.

That is the only decent reason to have 2 copies. For double the size/fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Kendall, just wondering why you are annoyed with the buyer of two SH copies .

You would have bought one and if you did not like, you would have sold it for a profit. Right ?

So, that chap was quicker and got two He may have wanted one for himself, the other for someone else or the second to sell....or both to sell.

That is the way it goes (literally) with Space Hulk.

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volfield wrote:

After reading about others and their double-blind games, I was actually tempted to try to get a third copy,

why do you need 3 games for a double-blind game ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

You would have bought one and if you did not like, you would have sold it for a profit. Right ?

So, that chap was quicker and got two He may have wanted one for himself, the other for someone else or the second to sell....or both to sell.

Regards.

Touche'. Can't feel too bad if you're only intention was just resell the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3rd board is for the moderator/referee to track both sides movements.

powerwis wrote:
Volfield wrote:

After reading about others and their double-blind games, I was actually tempted to try to get a third copy,

why do you need 3 games for a double-blind game ?:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BDSb wrote:

That is the only decent reason to have 2 copies. For double the size/fun.

I think that is the same reasoning God used when he designed the boob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Hundley
United States
Danville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this thread necessary? whistle

Just kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
The 3rd board is for the moderator/referee to track both sides movements.

powerwis wrote:
Volfield wrote:

why do you need 3 games for a double-blind game ?

thanks !
didn't know it was necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Flgs raised the price on their remaining three copies to full retail. Troll and Toad bought them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
personwholives wrote:
I went to the comic shop today to pick up a copy of this. I figured I'd read the rules and see if it interested me, and if not, I'd sell it next summer when the prices have gone up some more. So I went, and I asked, and they said some other guy came in this morning and bought the last two copies. Why couldn't he leave one for me? Does he really need two copies? Or is he planning to hold them for a few months and sell at a profit, too?

Well there are tools out there who bought 30+ copies, so..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
check out Marc at this site- He had a copy at last check last week-
getyourfunon.com Marcs a great guy.If it is not listed on his website, send him an email or a GM for user FSUmarc.
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
personwholives wrote:

Well there are tools out there who bought 30+ copies, so..

Yikes, that is just mercenary. On the other hand, they might clear a $3k profit. If it takes an hour to pack and ship each game, then they're clearing $100/hr, which is more than I make. Of course, if GW had charged $200/game, everyone's heads would have exploded. It's the Dutch tulip market all over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same thing with anything that's a hot ticket item; people will buy it just to speculate on it. Look at concert tickets for a fine example. Now, maybe this guy is just playing them, maybe he's reselling them, but ultimately it boils down to you missed out, plain and simple, by waiting. You've no one to blame but yourself on that (though "blame" sounds way harsher than I mean that, just missed opportunity really).

I was extremely uncertain about dropping $100 on any game, especially when my group is so fickle, but I pre-ordered it from GW just because I did not want to take a chance on not getting, and I'm glad I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

Regards.

Point. But I was actually going to play it, assuming I could find an opponent.

Anyway, they found some hidden in the back yesterday, so I got one today. Looking at the ebay prices, it might be worth it to go back and get one more (especially since they are only $80 at my FLGS. They have so little on sale like that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
personwholives wrote:
elfrododumbo wrote:

Regards.

Anyway, they found some hidden in the back yesterday, so I got one today. Looking at the ebay prices, it might be worth it to go back and get one more (especially since they are only $80 at my FLGS. They have so little on sale like that).

At that price, are you sure it's not some cheap knock-off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingbobb wrote:
personwholives wrote:
elfrododumbo wrote:

Regards.

At that price, are you sure it's not some cheap knock-off?

It's Space Sulk, rated 10 by all Dominion fans for its innovative whining mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You were perfectly happy when you did not know Space Hulk 3rd edition would ever exist. You will be perfectly happy again in a few weeks. It is only a game after all... Keep your eyes open if you are still interested and see if you can find a copy for a reasonable price.

Edit: And this is what you just did :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kemper
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kendall I saw ya at Nemos today ... were ya buying another copy?

:arrrh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angryraccoon wrote:
Kendall I saw ya at Nemos today ... were ya buying another copy?

arrrh

Nope. Just the one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.