Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of any sort of game swap meets that go on in the area ever? I have a bunch of games on my trades list but if there was a way to trade them or sell them locally to avoid having to do the shipping thing, that would be really nice. If there is any sort of swap meet that goes on, that would be great.

Also, another idea would be to get together a list of all the people in the area who regularly use BGG and have everyone update their trades/wants lists so that we can just browse the local member list to find matches.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. The best time I can think of would be down the road in Feb. GottaCon is coming around and there should be a good deal of folks who game around there then.

Other than that perhaps one of the games shops could do an afternoon or evening swap time. Anyone interested in trading could add to a thread here and then when the night came up people could go to the location and do a swap there.

Hope a few others want to give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We should do a Gottacon, No Ship math trade!! That would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea. I am in Nanaimo, and am unsure wheter I will get to Gottacon, but I saw your inquiries for wargamers, and I want to at least put my hat in the ring for local trades.!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
I troll through the want lists of local Victoria users from time to time to see if there are any trade possibilities. It's rare to find a match, but it does happen occasionally.

Due to the lack of postage, I'm far more likely to accept local trades than I would be otherwise.

Trying to organize a swap at a convention would be great if you want to include users from out-of-town, but otherwise I'd argue against it. Not everyone is willing to attend a con to make a trade and so you'd be narrowing the field when you really want to widen it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Greg, I'm just as interested in having a list of all the active local users as anything. Is there a way to search for Victoria users only somehow? If there was an easy way for all of us to see each other in a list and if everyone keeps their wants/for-trades lists up to date, I could see it helping us move games around here a lot more easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I live in Victoria. I'm fairly to this site - I only have 4 games so far. I found that I didn't really like Jamaica as much as I expected. I'd gladly trade Jamaica for something else!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tango, try looking up bgg user 'billsaints'. I game with him occasionally. He lives here in Vic and has Jamaica on his want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
jrebelo wrote:
Is there a way to search for Victoria users only somehow?

Click on any Canadian flag. This will bring up a page that has a "City" filter. Type in Victoria and you're good to go. (I'd also recommend setting the "sort by last login" option as this will help weed out inactive users.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have many boardgames to trade, but do have a pile of RPGs - and am willing to trade for boardgames. Haven't put up my collection on RPGGeek yet, tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.