Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a little trouble getting used to the rules and the terminology of this game.

I see that unactivated French pieces are not permitted to move. If the French player has unactivated units in a locale, and the locale is subjected to a maneuver attack, do those French units get their usual choices (blocking or retreating)?

If so, I guess this means that the term movement in the rules denotes offensive movement (and blocking and retreating are not considered movement).

If not, what happens in a maneuver attack like the one I described?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
I'm having a little trouble getting used to the rules and the terminology of this game.

I see that unactivated French pieces are not permitted to move. If the French player has unactivated units in a locale, and the locale is subjected to a maneuver attack, do those French units get their usual choices (blocking or retreating)?

If so, I guess this means that the term movement in the rules denotes offensive movement (and blocking and retreating are not considered movement).

If not, what happens in a maneuver attack like the one I described?

Yes, they get to react as normal. That reaction is not considered movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blocking maneuver attacks and retreats are not technically considered movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.