Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
After our game of Chicago Express, Laurie said he wouldn't mind a game of Talisman - only, of course, I wouldn't have the game with me. A-ha! Guess what I'd brought in my car!

Looking at our somewhat limited table space, I chose not to set up the Dungeon board, but the adventure cards and spells were still the expanded lists. The Reaper went on the Portal of Power, of course - but, unfortunately, he never managed to land on anyone. Torin, in particular, made sure he was far, far away from whereever Death was!

The random draw of characters found Laurie as the Amazon, myself as the Dark Cultist, and Torin as the Merchant. In a short time, we were wandering around the board, killing monsters and finding treasure. Occasionally the two happened at the same time.

I was having a horrible time with the dice: a Goblin Trapsmith kept on defeating me! Meanwhile, Laurie and Torin were picking up items and defeating monsters. My dark gods were not pleased with me, and when I did finally manage to kill an Enemy, I received 1 Fate. Hmm. I was not amused.

The Fountain of Wisdom came up, and - astonishingly - I got two Wisdom from it. How that happened, when for part of the time it was on the board I was lying drunk in the tavern, I'm not quite sure. Laurie, with his two dice and choose one for the Amazon's move (an absolutely exceptional ability) should have picked another up. He didn't, I did, but it didn't matter all that much. I was Cursed by a Hag, but was able to visit the Mystic fairly quickly and be reconfirmed in my evilness.

Items and followers rained down on Torin and Laurie; and Torin caught a ferry to the Temple, where he gained a Craft. From here, the game accelerated. Torin wandered around the Middle region a bit, gaining items, bribed Dragons (and ran past them to get their gold - more than he bribed them with, hah!) and otherwise visited the Temple to increase his Craft and receive a Talisman. Laurie also reached the Middle region, and from there progressed (with the Maiden) to the Portal of Power. He had a 6 Strength and a 9 Craft, and that proved enough. It also proved enough for the Mines - we'd hoped it would slow him down.

Torin finally cast a Random spell on Laurie (remove Craft), but it was too late. Laurie's Amazon progressed past the Vampire's tower (he lost 2 Lives and the Maiden, to be reduced to 1 Life), but we could throw no more obstacles in his way. He attained the Crown of Command and won the game! (For many reasons, I normally play a shorter game where reaching the Crown wins you the game).

The entire game had taken on the order of 45-60 minutes. Pretty good going, I think.

Torin's Merchant was still a couple of Craft points short of making a good effort through the Inner Region; I was a long way off. It'd had been a fun game, and Laurie's Amazon had blitzed us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.