Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: I choose option C: Duct taped to a pole for 6 hours. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy burnt a U.S. Flag that belonged to a VFW and ended up duct taped to a pole for 6 hours.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/09/vfw-hall-flag-burn...

I think the punishment fit the crime.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like that they gave him a choice. Creative!

To cut off one possible line of discussion, this doesn't appear to be a political statement about flag burning, merely some kid having a tantrum about not being let into the VFW Hall bar without ID. He tried to burn the flag in retaliation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What an absolute moron. He forgets his ID so he needs to burn the bar's flag? I'm not sure that bringing back medieval forms of punishment help anyone, but I can't say I feel too sorry for him.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chiddler wrote:
chansen2794 wrote:
What an absolute moron. He forgets his ID so he needs to burn the bar's flag? I'm not sure that bringing back medieval forms of punishment help anyone, but I can't say I feel too sorry for him.


i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.

It was just an immature stupid act designed to piss off the people inside.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
That's wonderful. Good for you! I've always wanted to have a haunted house. It's been my lifelong dream!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
That's wonderful. Good for you! I've always wanted to have a haunted house. It's been my lifelong dream!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chiddler wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Thats kind of the point.


I'm hopping a plane to your house, planting a flag in your yard, and claiming it for Britain. We'll see what you think about flags then.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Thats kind of the point.


I'm hopping a plane to your house, planting a flag in your yard, and claiming it for Britain. We'll see what you think about flags then.


You can't do that, there's three hundred million of us here!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Thats kind of the point.


I'm hopping a plane to your house, planting a flag in your yard, and claiming it for Britain. We'll see what you think about flags then.


You can't do that, there's three hundred million of us here!


Have you got a flag?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Oh my god what would we do then?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flags are great; national anthems, although prone to parody, can't be burnt or desecrated in the same material way that flags can.

Go burning!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
This guy burnt a U.S. Flag that belonged to a VFW and ended up duct taped to a pole for 6 hours.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/09/vfw-hall-flag-burn...

I think the punishment fit the crime.


I think reading a story posted on Gateway Pundit is punishment enough.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Beg to differ.
National flags are broadly 17th-19th century invention, there were countries and some damn FINE countries prior to there being a national flag (or even any non-dynastic symbol of nation-hood).
That said, burning a flag is a very primitive form of protest - even if you want to protest something that is actually important, not to mention not getting into a bar.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is shocking. You people need more Izzard!

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
bramadan wrote:
Beg to differ.


You would like this guy I know, name of Eddie Izzard. He's a clear-thinking man like yourself.

Also seriously who else is surprised by how unknown Izzard is in geekcentral here? Especially with all the foreigners hanging around!

edit: Octavian our posting that at the same time has made me love you forever
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is wet. This thread is wet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Thats kind of the point.


I'm hopping a plane to your house, planting a flag in your yard, and claiming it for Britain. We'll see what you think about flags then.


He'd probably like that. If you want to piss him off, claim it for North Korea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What a pussy. He was offered to fight a vet, and he'd rather be duct taped to a pole for six hours. I'd fight a vet just for the experience. Fucking pantywaste.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
What a pussy. He was offered to fight a vet, and he'd rather be duct taped to a pole for six hours. I'd fight a vet just for the experience. Fucking pantywaste.


Id never burn a flag at the VFW but if I did I would have chosen the fight for your exact reasons. You would be home in time to put some ice on your face.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumPain wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
What a pussy. He was offered to fight a vet, and he'd rather be duct taped to a pole for six hours. I'd fight a vet just for the experience. Fucking pantywaste.


Id never burn a flag at the VFW but if I did I would have chosen the fight for your exact reasons. You would be home in time to put some ice on your face.


Depends on the vet. if we're talking an 80 year old, I don't think I'd choose to fight him. If we're talking some crazy 30-year old who promises to "fuck you up", I'd be wary too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
MaximumPain wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
What a pussy. He was offered to fight a vet, and he'd rather be duct taped to a pole for six hours. I'd fight a vet just for the experience. Fucking pantywaste.


Id never burn a flag at the VFW but if I did I would have chosen the fight for your exact reasons. You would be home in time to put some ice on your face.


Depends on the vet. if we're talking an 80 year old, I don't think I'd choose to fight him. If we're talking some crazy 30-year old who promises to "fuck you up", I'd be wary too.


I'm operating under the assumption that the VFW wouldn't offer up the 80 year old for the fight. It'd be the crazy 30 year old, and it would be fun as hell.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
MaximumPain wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
What a pussy. He was offered to fight a vet, and he'd rather be duct taped to a pole for six hours. I'd fight a vet just for the experience. Fucking pantywaste.


Id never burn a flag at the VFW but if I did I would have chosen the fight for your exact reasons. You would be home in time to put some ice on your face.


Depends on the vet. if we're talking an 80 year old, I don't think I'd choose to fight him. If we're talking some crazy 30-year old who promises to "fuck you up", I'd be wary too.


Heh I was assuming a late 20s Iraq/Afghanistan veteran marine sergeant or LT nothing so easy. Of course getting your ass whupped by an 80 year old could be more embarrassing then the duct tape treatment.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
BagpipeDan wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
Benjro wrote:
chiddler wrote:
i'd happily burn all flgas, everywhere, but his motives were stupid.


No flag, no country.


Thats kind of the point.


I'm hopping a plane to your house, planting a flag in your yard, and claiming it for Britain. We'll see what you think about flags then.


You can't do that, there's three hundred million of us here!


Have you got a flag?



yes they have.. and like us, the most prominent item on it is british.

the sad thing is, with all the cool stuff NZ has to offer and the fact their national colour is black, they could have a really cool flag of their own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

Depends on the vet. if we're talking an 80 year old, I don't think I'd choose to fight him. If we're talking some crazy 30-year old who promises to "fuck you up", I'd be wary too.

Hmm. I'm 30.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

Depends on the vet. if we're talking an 80 year old, I don't think I'd choose to fight him. If we're talking some crazy 30-year old who promises to "fuck you up", I'd be wary too.

Hmm. I'm 30.


Good! Why don't you and Shushnik fight. Someone needs to record the fight and post it here for my entertainment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The specific crime aside I really like the multi-choice punishment option that was devised. This adds a level of interest to sentencing determinations that is really missing in todays justice system.

Can you just imagine the entertainment possibilities of "Well you can do 10 years in a maximum security prison, 20 years in a low security prison or we can cut your balls off and you can go free. You have 10 seconds to decide..."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.