Scary Tales: Snow White vs. The Giant» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fairy Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have several issues with the rules, but will tackle them one at a time. My first one is this.
I understand that the fairy card give you an extra die as long as you hold it, however in this set the fairy has some icons on the card 2 wisdom, 1 clover, and 1 star. My question is do these icons assist you in every roll that you own the fairy, or is it like the companions in that once you use the additional icons you dispose of the card, or in fairy case put back in the middle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those icons tell you what is on the die. All fairy dies are white, so by looking at the card you can always tell which die goes with which fairy.

Edit: Just to be 100% clear, those icons are for information only, they do not ever get added to an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I never thought of that. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Causey

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm still kinda confused by the fairy. It almost seems too powerful. Do you get to keep using the fairy after it's first use or do you keep using it until it gets taken away? It seems like it would be too powerful if you get to keep it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played that you get to keep it until you lose it (via another event card).

Yes it does seem pretty powerful, but in a game of fairytales it does seem appropriate that the fairy is so powerful.

Besides, effective use of card play can help offset the fairy die. Also, if you play with both sets you can bring both fairies into play and offset that imbalance a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.