Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a raiding fleet is blown off station can it still attempt a raid? Apologies if this is stated somewhere clearly in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. The rules states in 22.2:

"If an Allied fleet is present at an eligible pot or hex 1501 when the first Initiative Chit of a turn is drawn, that fleet may conduct a raid. To raid, total the firepower of the ships involved. If the raiding fleet is inshore, three die are rolled, if on loose blockade, roll two dice, or if present in 1501, roll two dice."

To me this indicates that there is no die-roll if your fleet is blown off station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules only provide a number of dice for being in-shore or loose blockade, so I'd say "no, you can't raid/invade from off station."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My father (circa 1945). He navigated B-24's (5thAF 22ndBG) in the Pacific Theater.
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot raid from off station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You also cannot petition the lord with prayer.

Great game BTW. I'm currently fooling around solo getting ready for some ftf play and the game seems to ply very well with few rules questions that aren't answered in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.