Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david mcmaster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi
I'm really interested in this game but my only game partner (my wife) isn't a fan of the reality based war genre. She and i both enjoy scifi games and i started to wonder if this game could be modified by replacing with miniature walkers, futuristic soldiers etc. Pretty much keep the stats and gameplay the same and just replace the counters etc.
Also, i see other miniature games happening where the mini's are glued to the stats chit but i don't really see the neccessity of this. Couldn't you just have each different type of mini represent a specific set of numbers? ie , all the green walkers have 8/15 armor hit etc...
thanks for any input.
DG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you're thinking of doing would be a massive undertaking, but if you're up for it, go for it! Conflict of Heroes is a fantastic gaming system, and it certainly could be used in a Sci Fi atmosphere. I believe Uwe once said that he has played around with using his system for Sci Fi, although I wouldn't be surprised if that never turned into a published game.

You could certainly take out some of the variety of stats in the game, although to be honest, that variety and how it subtly changes the tactics is what makes hex & counter games so much fun for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Numfar! Do the dance of shame!
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart.
badge
You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
I would rather look for a SciFi wargame to play with the wife or look for a second game partner to play CoH with. Or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you're after might be a tabletop version of these classic turn based computer games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebelstar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Squad

I'd love to see a board game based on one of these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek,
You make a great point and we are working on the system. As a matter of fact, we are play testing a card drawing system for random firefight generation that Dave Kimmel designed. Initial responses are very positive. I need to clean up the graphics before I send it out to general playtesters or post it online. I am open to a few more interested parties though, if they do not mind crude graphics.

Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.