Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I was going to buy both games of the series.
As I found them somewhere cheaper than on other site, I figured it would be worth the gamble.

But to my surprise they seem to offer two versions of AtB.

One they call 'the opening bundle' and it includes Swamp.

the other is simply AtB without the expansion.

Too my surprise however the 1st one is cheaper, so I couldn't help wonder what this is all about.
It doesn't seem logical.
So I suspect that something must not be present in this 'bundle' that is in the other box.
Anyone have any clue about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you are talking about this

http://www.phalanxgames.de/index.php?cPath=23_29

the expensive one is the German version, the other is the English one with the map #6. Don't know. Maybe want to get rid of the English titles (?).

It seems strange but I own the game and the map and from what I know there is nothing extra in the base game than there isn't in the bundle. Why don't you send a mail and ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's the one, and I did but they are bloody slow replying.

But that could be it.
At times these german shops give considerable discounts just because of the different language.

Lucky me for speaking both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to go with the German version (first of all just to support that finally someone bothered with publishing a WW2-wargame in German) but I would not recommend it anymore. Phalanxgames Germany does not offer even close to the enthusiasm and service that Academy Games does. They are very slow and scarce in customer communication, and the downloads on the page are hopelessly aged (they still have the outdated September 2008 rules versions) or not translated material (the bonus firefights are the English ones you can download on Academy Games page, so they do not match the localised german game). A German game FAQ does not exist either. I am getting the impression that Phalanxgames Germany is an overbusy one-man-show with more focus on their own productions rather than the licensed German CoH.

If you want to have always actual game components, I recommend to buy the English CoH games and rely on Uwe's superb direct support on the Academy Games webpage or here in the English forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yalnin wrote:
I decided to go with the German version (first of all just to support that finally someone bothered with publishing a WW2-wargame in German) but I would not recommend it anymore. Phalanxgames Germany does not offer even close to the enthusiasm and service that Academy Games does. They are very slow and scarce in customer communication, and the downloads on the page are hopelessly aged (they still have the outdated September 2008 rules versions) or not translated material (the bonus firefights are the English ones you can download on Academy Games page, so they do not match the localised german game). A German game FAQ does not exist either. I am getting the impression that Phalanxgames Germany is an overbusy one-man-show with more focus on their own productions rather than the licensed German CoH.

If you want to have always actual game components, I recommend to buy the English CoH games and rely on Uwe's superb direct support on the Academy Games webpage or here in the English forums.

Hello 'yalnin' well I finally got a reply from Phallanx.

As I've got no problem with either German or English I was going to go for the English version.
So I reckon that means I won't have your problems?
Of course I too am very willing to support German language games... if that means they are cheaper...
Well what did you expect, I'm from the Netherlands.....

No doubt you will have noticed that the games are very pleasantly priced on that site, so aslong as there is no problem with the game itself, I probably will go for that one.

I would rather buy from my usuall shop, but at that price.... I'd be stealing out of my own pocket.

I do aggree with you, I too got the impression Phallanx is an overstretched one man affair.
And they charge very liberal for postage.
16 euros to the Netherlands, while at my usual I pay only 4 if I buy for a certain amount.

I couldn't help notice there is a big difference between companies looking at what they charge for postage, one'd imagine that should be pretty much the same.

Also not helpfull when a company tells you postage depends on a certain weight,
I understand they must do this, but they forget to put the actuall weight of a game with the game information.

One thing that really bugs me about all the German shops,is that they charge no postage for sending stuff inside Germany, but when you live just accros the border, you have to pay.
I know this probably has to do with the cross borders thing, but it does look silly when they send stuff for free to a place in Germany a 1000 km away and for the 150 km to my place I'll have to pay extra.
Okay, I know that bit wasn't relevant, but I felt in a mood to moan about it.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.