Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Paprocki
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I'm going to be travelling to Eastern Europe in a couple of weeks. My ports of call will be Vienna, Krakow and Prague. Does anybody have any tips on "hot" games to look for that are not easily acquired back in the US? And if so, any advice on game stores in these 3 cities would be much appreciated as well. Thanks in advance. -Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Prague there's a nice and complete gamestore in Lucerna, which is a small shopping mall in the centre, next to Vaclavske Namesti (with the National Museum on one side, and the historical centre at the other).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vienna's two main gaming stores are Spielerei (www.spielerei.at) and Damage Unlimited (www.damage-town.com). They have a great selection of gamer's games (Euro & American), miniatures games, and CCGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind looking on a cheat sheet for cards with Polish text, I recommend Zombiaki, if you're interested in an atmospheric short 2-player zombie-vs-human card game. It was published a few years ago, so might be harder to find in stores these days, I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Paprocki
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I'm thrilled to have one good tip for each country. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.