Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game, Eleanor was cruising to an easy victory with 12 favor and a mission card requiring only 5 when she drew the Despairing corruption card. (no more than 3 favor on the hero sheet) Since the card was drawn 2 spaces away from the Finale and there was no way to acquire 2 more favor in a two player game it was a devastating blow, and my opponent questioned the wording... I think because in this case the card's effect was far worse than suffering defeat in combat. I guess I just want to verify that this card literally means "discard all favor in excess of 3, and you may possess no more than 3 favor".

Also, does exhaustion occur if you simply use all of the cards in your combat hand, but haven't exceeded your strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
In our last game, Eleanor was cruising to an easy victory with 12 favor and a mission card requiring only 5 when she drew the Despairing corruption card. (no more than 3 favor on the hero sheet) Since the card was drawn 2 spaces away from the Finale and there was no way to acquire 2 more favor in a two player game it was a devastating blow, and my opponent questioned the wording... I think because in this case the card's effect was far worse than suffering defeat in combat. I guess I just want to verify that this card literally means "discard all favor in excess of 3, and you may possess no more than 3 favor".

That would be my reading as well.

Quote:
Also, does exhaustion occur if you simply use all of the cards in your combat hand, but haven't exceeded your strength?

"Important: Before the start of any combat round, if a combatant
does not have any combat cards in his hand (or does not wish to
play cards), he declares himself exhausted." (p. 32)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.