Silent War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mechanical Troubles and damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Lorenzen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I had a question. What happens when you get the Mechanical Troubles end attack Combat Event, roll odd but you already have 1 damage marker on your sub? Do you add a second damage marker and have to roll for it being sunk as you usually do when you get a second damage marker? They way I do it is ignore the damage and just do the RTB event. It just doesn't seem right to me that the sub should sink in this circumstance but maybe I'm wrong. What's the official verdict on this?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Siepi
Italy
Olgiate Olona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Dan,
in my opinion it has to be managed with a second damage marker, with all the consequences (roll to determine if sunk or not and, if RTB, roll two times for damage level).
Obviously this is my version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lorenzen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yeah since the rules don't state otherwise I think the way you do it is the right way. It makes sense when I think about it. The sub limps away damaged by a attack and later develops problems brought on by the damage and sinks. I'm going to play it that way too and if the rolls go that way sink subs that get second damage from this event. Thx for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.