• [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This interview is the first indication in a long while that the various expansions that have been announced are still in the pipeline. No details though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I drop them at design level. Then usually I see the drafts. But from there to sales, there is an amount of time that's not under my control and even under my sight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping that they will be released soon. By the way: Though there are no dates for Balloon Busters and Flight of the Giants, the interview is really interesting. Thanks for doing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to me the "new" news here is the decision to go with early war planes for series 5:

"Series 5 fighters for WWI shall feature Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.III, Morane Saulnier N and Airco DH2..."

I'd wondered if it would be an early war set or the Hanriot/Aviatik combo that had been tossed around in earlier discussions. Hope the Hanriot/Aviatik pair makes series 6 then, maybe along with the Brisfit and Halberstadt CL II to give us "2-seater fighters".

I'm surprised at the choice of the caproni for the bombers mini kit. I guess the handley page would have been too big?

still, no complaints here. I'll likely buy everything you put out for the minis line. a little consumer feedback though: since the minis have come out, I've pretty much stopped buying the card boosters. I'm just waiting for them to come out in 3-D now. I'll definately get 'Giants' when it comes out though. can't wait to see all those firing arcs.

thanks for the info Andrea. keep'em coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SCHEDULE UPDATE?
Andrea,

I'd appreciate it (and I'll wager many others would too) if you could provide any scheduling details for the list below (lifted from your interview.) Something more specific than that these should all be out within 24 months would be very helpful. I'm not asking for what else is in the pipeline AFTER these, but more information into when we can expect to see these. Can we look for our Christmas presents now?

grazia

kevin

Quote:
More boxes, card boosters, miniatures, special sets. I don't think that there will be mats or transport cases, for the moment at least. Products with new rules and planes will be first, and accessories such as mats and cases maybe later on.

Next release, in October, will be a Wings of War WW2 Deluxe set with 4 miniatures and all you need to play. Color schemes will be different from the ones in airplane packs, so people who bought them can buy the Deluxe set without getting double minis.

Balloon Busters will follow with one balloon and one Nieuport 16, two color schemes provided.

Flight of the giants will add "flat" heavy bombers: from Gothas to the Staakens, from Capronis to Handley Page O/400s. Even Curtiss and Felixstowe huge seaplanes are in there. In the next months, a similar box with multi-engine planes will be introduced for WW2.

Then Series 2 for WW2 and Series 4 for WW1 will follow. The first will include Aichi Val, Junkers Ju.87 Stuka, Hurricane and D.520; the other Se5a, Pfalz D.III/D.IIIa, Rumpler C.IV and Breguet XIV.

New booster packs for WWI will be "Hit & Run", with SPAD VII and the Austrian Aviatik D.I, and "Crossfire", with the Bristol F2B Fighter and several two-seaters again including the Rumpler C.IV.

New squadron packs for WW2 will be "Revolution in the sky", with Polikarpov I-16, and "Last biplanes" with Gloster Gladiator and Fiat Cr.42 Falco.

Series 5 fighters for WWI shall feature Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.III, Morane Saulnier N and Airco DH2, while Series 3 for WW2 will offer you Curtiss P.40E and P.40F, Yakovlev Yak 1, Reggiane Re.2001 and Kawasaki Ki-61.

Next special kits should deal with larger planes as the three-engine Caproni Ca.3 in Italian and French colors, and the Gotha G.V in two color schemes for Germans: they were even used to bomb London, so the first Battle of Britain can begin soon... Two similar planes for WW2 will be chosen and will appear in the first special kit for that line.
This is a program that should cover less than 24 months, if there are no delays. But it is too early to know for sure what else will be put on the pipeline after that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, I don't know more than I said. And I have been asked not to make guesses, since they usually prove wrong (I am out of the production process once designing is finished) and create wrog expectations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Bute
msg tools
mb
Very interesting, I like the giant cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.