Subject: Anyone need a SH Terminators Sprue? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Alexander Heijnen
Norway
Halden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very nice incentive. I would WANT one. But I don't NEED one as my space marines were all intact. My genestealers however: not so lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will email you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
Anything else?

I think superflypete ment "Date Rape" where the buyer will wakeup in the morning and think "STUPID STUPID STUPID..." If they had bought the game for $100.00 and sold off all but the termies then they would have their fig and extra money to buy paints... or a brain!

Brother Jim cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Rodman
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
jasta6 wrote:
aaxiom wrote:
Anything else?

I think superflypete ment "Date Rape" where the buyer will wakeup in the morning and think "STUPID STUPID STUPID..." If they had bought the game for $100.00 and sold off all but the termies then they would have their fig and extra money to buy paints... or a brain!

Brother Jim cool

That is one of the shittiest analogies I have ever read on the internet and pretty bloody offensive to boot. Comparing people that have buyers remorse for something voluntary to woman who are rapped and blaming themselves... shake The social ineptness of that comment is so high it is pretty hard to measure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. DJ FancyLove
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biggreen wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
aaxiom wrote:
Anything else?

Brother Jim cool

That is one of the shittiest analogies I have ever read on the internet and pretty bloody offensive to boot. Comparing people that have buyers remorse for something voluntary to woman who are rapped and blaming themselves... shake The social ineptness of that comment is so high it is pretty hard to measure.

Actually I find your post pretty socially inept biggreen. The fact that you assume "Date Rape" only happens to women makes you a pretty sexist and ignorant person. Granted, maybe it was a bad analogy but you should use that brain of yours before you post if you want to get into bashing people.

Calling out someone as offensive for a misunderstanding is one thing, but doing it while also being offensive is just asinine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think everyone needs to take a step back.

This thread started simply because Pete has a spare sprue he wants to trade off, not gouge anyone for. He raised the point about eBay prices being extreme and they always have been. Supply and demand.

I sympathise with a buyer who pays to much, but if you do your homework, you are more likely to get an item for a reasonable amount, and not get involved in outrageous bidding wars. I live by the old motto 'Caveat Emptor'. It's one that can save you heaps in the long run.

Perhaps if the words 'One Night Stand' were substituted for the phrase that seems to have caused so much offence, the analogy might make more sense, and things might not be so heated...

C'mon guys, group hug...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Rodman
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
DusterTIB wrote:
biggreen wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
aaxiom wrote:
Anything else?

Brother Jim cool

Actually I find your post pretty socially inept biggreen. The fact that you assume "Date Rape" only happens to women makes you a pretty sexist and ignorant person. Granted, maybe it was a bad analogy but you should use that brain of yours before you post if you want to get into bashing people.

Calling out someone as offensive for a misunderstanding is one thing, but doing it while also being offensive is just asinine.

Is this seriously your response? I'm sexists and ignorant because I didn't say "women and men". Let's just ignore that because it is ridiculous beyond belief and obviously some knee jerk reaction grasping at some sort of contrary position. It's too weak to even comment on let alone debate.

He plainly stated that when a woman (or man ) is date raped their immediate and obvious response is blame themselves and think "stupid, stupid, stupid". And guess what, he's right, but it is a horrible way to think and an even worse thing to promote. Let me help you to understand what we are dealing with.

Quote:
Approximately 90% of rape victims, who knew their attacker, do not report the attack to authorities because of fear of guilt/responsibility, self blame, embarrassment, helplessness, denial, and a number of other emotional factors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

Further, I don't want or need to attack you on a personal level, I haven't "called out" anyone, let alone resorted to name calling like you. I simply reacted to a comment which was in very poor taste but you go ahead and keep calling me names if it makes you feel better about your position. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.