Subject: 2 Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question regarding rule 6.3 - what does it mean by 'Control changes is all defending blocks are eliminated in Round 1? If all defending blocks are eliminated how does the defender then become the attacker for further combat as described in that paragraph.

My second question is regarding the Muster card. Presumably when it says any/all blocks can move normally to the muster area, they must observe the normal rules for move distances, border crossings, etc. Does it also mean that the normal stacking limits and penalties apply for those blocks that arrive in the muster area? Also, can only those blocks who can physically make it to the muster area that turn have this event applied to them - i.e is it illegal to apply this event card to a block than cannot get to the muster area in that turn to prevent them getting a free move in that general direction?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
oskacat wrote:
I have a question regarding rule 6.3 - what does it mean by 'Control changes is all defending blocks are eliminated in Round 1? If all defending blocks are eliminated how does the defender then become the attacker for further combat as described in that paragraph.

If the defender played a lower value card than the attacker and he moved in reinforcements to an area after the attacker attacked it, then these reinforcements only arrive on the second round of the battle. If, during the first round of the battle, the attacker has elminated the original defending units (i.e. those that were in the area before the attack), the original attacker is now the defender, and the defender's reinforcements are now the attacker.

oskacat wrote:
My second question is regarding the Muster card. Presumably when it says any/all blocks can move normally to the muster area, they must observe the normal rules for move distances, border crossings, etc. Does it also mean that the normal stacking limits and penalties apply for those blocks that arrive in the muster area? Also, can only those blocks who can physically make it to the muster area that turn have this event applied to them - i.e is it illegal to apply this event card to a block than cannot get to the muster area in that turn to prevent them getting a free move in that general direction?

Thanks!

I would presume that only blocks that can actually arrive at the Muster area can be moved, and that they have to follow normal movement rules and restrictions to get there. If there are now more than four blocks in the area, I am sure the extra blocks will pay the supply penalties as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great,thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Del Grande
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
oskacat wrote:

If one player had blocks in the area at the beginning of that turn, and also moved blocks into the area in the same turn, the blocks that moved are in reserve. If the blocks that were there at the start of the turn are all eliminated, the blocks in reserve are still involved in that combat, but now that player is considered the attacker for purposes of, for example, order of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
And so the original attacker would enjoy two back-to-back rounds of inflicting battle hits, once as attacker at the end of round 1, and once as defender (since defenders go first in a battle round) at the beginning of round 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, yes. It depends on combat value of the troops involved. If the original attacker was a "C" and the original defender's reserves are "B" troops then no the original attacker would not get two back-to-back rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.