United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb

Above is a picture of the line up of characters for my rummy game Inspector Moss Investigates (click on the pic for larger image). The game is an entry for the Themed Rummy Contest (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/438467)

It is basically a whodunnit rummy game (inspired by... you guessed it, Cluedo (Clue).

I am finalising the cards now and I am having a little bit of trouble thinking up good names for the characters. I want to name them after their colours, in the same fashion that Cluedo characters are named (Miss Scarlett (red), Professor Plum (purple)).

The coloured pawn bases can be switched around if necessary as long as the name fits the colour and face attached to the base. I have some ideas in mind but most of them do not sound right. Perhaps some of you can give me a hand at Christening them for the game. Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that its a "rum"-y varient, why not take names from rum brands? Wouldn't you like to know who killed the good Captain Morgan, Professor Bacardi, or old Mrs Gosling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*throws in a couple of names*

Sgt. Reddington
Violetta van Kampen
Mr. Brown
Bianca di SanPelligrino
Pater Nero
Greymalkin

Uhmm .. I just notice, that you are using 2 shades of brown, 2 shades of blue, 3 shades of blue ..
Since I'm no woman: Could you name those different colours for me (and for others), please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Colours can also be changed to suit, as long as there's no repeats. If a colour is not on the picture (i.e. orange), it is an easy job to recolour, so feel free to suggest colours I might have missed.

The colours on the picture are:

Black, Yellow, White, Purple, Grey, Blue, Brown, Lilac
Green, Red, Peach, Pink, Pastel Green, Azure (?), Lime, Carnelian

I'm no expert on colours mind you, so others may have a better idea of what the names of the colours are

Some of the names that I like are:

Teresa Green (speaks for itself, really)

Reddy Eddie (which at the moment appears as the brown character)
Chessmaster (for the grey old man... he just puts me in the mind of a chess player for some reason)

I also like the name Spike (for the yellow character (the base colour is irrelevant)) as the character looks youngish and has a spiky hairdo making his name easy to remember. That is key, the name must be reasonably easy to remember and associate with the character.

Edit: The final contest game will contain 10 characters as it's base level (more might be added later). With Inspector Moss (Olive/Fern Green) the total is 11. Inspector Moss is a given since he gives the title to the game

Another edit: Neither do the names have to be perfect matches for the colours. An example being my Inspector Moss. Moss Green is quite a pale green (almost mint) but his name fits his character and the olive colour really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bawb White

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Fletcher
United Kingdom
Heathfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Salomon Oboe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.