Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
My wife and I made our travel arrangements for bgg.con in November. It is really real now. Which RSPer's will we have the pleasure of meeting? Would any of you be interested in having dinner together on Wednesday night before the convention starts on Thursday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confirmed, and assuming that my husband's schedule remains compatible with my attendance, I'll be there.

I'm arriving Thursday morning, so I won't be there Wednesday evening, but I do hope I'll get a chance to meet you and your wife at some other point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confirmed but won't arrive until about 1 a.m. Thursday. Then it's straight to bed so I can get up early and get in line.

My wife will be with me, but she'll be shopping rather than gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed. Not sure when I'm arriving though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there on Wednesday, not sure yet if I'll be coming with the wife, leaving my son with Jessitron & co, or if Jessitron will be coming with me while the wife takes care of the munchkin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there on Wednesday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There on Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
There on Thursday morning.

We should have an RSP night-at-the-hotel-bar - but really actually do it for real this time.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Octavian wrote:

We should have an RSP night-at-the-hotel-bar - but really actually do it for real this time.

-MMM
I would be interested in that. That wouldn't get all drunk and stupid would it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrayman wrote:
Octavian wrote:

-MMM
I would be interested in that. That wouldn't get all drunk and stupid would it?

I won't. I make no promises for anyone else.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
If I were coming, I would insist on playing Jungle Speed with penalties for fumbles. Luckily you jerks are off the hook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, possibly on Wednesday.

And I'm up for a redux of the bar brawl... er, meetup, as long as more than three of us show up this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have come to the bar brawl last year...but there was this little matter of Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm arriving Thursday noonish (driving from Shreveport that morning) and I am definitely in for a RSP hotel bar meetup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
If I were coming, I would insist on playing Jungle Speed with penalties for fumbles. Luckily you jerks are off the hook.

At the risk of discussing games in RSP, I would ask if you can play Jungle Speed without penalties for fumbles. You can't disrespect the totem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there Wednesday and for the duration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Lord_Prussian wrote:
dysjunct wrote:

At the risk of discussing games in RSP, I would ask if you can play Jungle Speed without penalties for fumbles. You can't disrespect the totem!

Well, normally the penalty is "you get everyone's face-up cards." Playing in a bar with RSPers would add "take a shot" to the penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
dysjunct wrote:
Lord_Prussian wrote:
dysjunct wrote:

Well, normally the penalty is "you get everyone's face-up cards." Playing in a bar with RSPers would add "take a shot" to the penalty.
I would only play if I can shoot buttermilk. And even then, I would only play until the alcohol drinkers started to smell bad or act foolishly. Otherwise, I am totally there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrayman wrote:
I would only play until the alcohol drinkers started to smell bad or act foolishly.

Can I act foolishly before I drink alcohol? And, while I have not spent an inordinate amount of time with buttermilk shot drinkers, I imagine that your breath would start to smell equally bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrayman wrote:
I would only play until the alcohol drinkers started to smell bad or act foolishly.

Shoot, I'm may be drunk before I even get there. Whoo Hoo! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
hamzy wrote:
Wrayman wrote:

Can I act foolishly before I drink alcohol? And, while I have not spent an inordinate amount of time with buttermilk shot drinkers, I imagine that your breath would start to smell equally bad...
Lemon juice or soy sauce would work too. The idea is to drink something non alcoholic that would make me grimace and make everyone laugh at me as would be the case for the others. The effect would be totally lost if I were to shoot 7-Up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrayman wrote:
hamzy wrote:
Wrayman wrote:

Lemon juice or soy sauce would work too. The idea is to drink something non alcoholic that would make me grimace and make everyone laugh at me as would be the case for the others. The effect would be totally lost if I were to shoot 7-Up.

The effect is totally lost on me if I sip some whiskey -- you won't witness a grimace, but a slight smile of sasisfaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Maybe someone can bring a bottle of Night Train for SG then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Wrayman wrote:

The whole point of adding booze to a dexterity game is to make it more likely that you will screw up the dexterity part on the next round, thus the cycle of hilarity increases. Just making someone grimace for a few seconds is weak sauce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
Maybe someone can bring a bottle of Night Train for SG then?

As they say, "That Night Train's a mean wine"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.