Deadlands: The Battle for Slaughter Gulch» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where is "Home"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, just got the game today, read through the rules and briefly scanned the bits. I haven't figured out where "Home" is... does each Outfit have a building they call "home"? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Each of the "player town cards" have it in the upper right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Loin o Beef wrote:
Yep. Each of the "player town cards" have it in the upper right corner.

Thanks I see it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to tag a couple of questions onto this... Can/do any of your "dudes" start at Home? Is there any way to get Home other than running away from an attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about starting at home (don't have the rules with me) but you can move to home using normal movement. The "spellcasters/gageteers" have to 'learn' their spells at home anyway, so you move home to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you can move to the Streets from Home but I couldn't find anything that said the inverse was true. I am asking these questions with specific regard to having guys at Home to produce Spells and Gadgets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The rules say that you can move directly from a building to home by placing an action token on your home space. And I'd recommend using an action that will let you learn a spell or create a gadget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I found that sentence last nigt on a re-read. I guess I missed it first time round cos it makes no logical sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Breitenstein
United States
Cold Sprin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
Yeah, I found that sentence last nigt on a re-read. I guess I missed it first time round cos it makes no logical sense...

Actually it makes sense for balance. If we allowed people to move home from anywhere, they would do it to get around town faster. That is also the reason that when you return to town you must start in a street square.

Also, you don't go home after a fight. I'm not sure where that came from.

On the first turn, you can't get your dude home according to the rules. You have to wait until your second turn. But honestly, I don't have a problem allowing this for the first turn. We started the game in the street for ease of explanation of how the game starts, not to prohibit going home the first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, if you miss another player with an attack, they may choose to either counter attack or run Home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that if a defending dude doesn't have a gun they can't chose to shoot back - so they'd have to run home in that case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.