California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I really miss making badges so thought I'd check in and see if there's any ETA on opening them up again. Essen is fast approaching and there's a slew of new titles that are begging for a badge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We still need that MB admin. No feels they have the time needed for the job. Or the job doesn't pay well enough. Or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I nominate ScottE. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcoteuthis wrote:
I nominate ScottE. cool

Seconded.

The motion has been moved and seconded.

All in favor?

Say aye.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call Scott.

MB's are a large part of the living pulse of BGG. I recognise the good reasons for pulling the pin for a while, but it has been...well...a while now.

Let's get the MB train back in motion and maybe people will have better thinks to do than take the 1,456 photo of Space Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed a whole slew of RPG microbadges. Who's doing it for RPGeek?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a job description for MB Admin? Perhaps if there's a reasonably defined set of expectations then a new admin can be found more easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meat wrote:
Is there a job description for MB Admin? Perhaps if there's a reasonably defined set of expectations then a new admin can be found more easily.

I second that motion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meat wrote:

The last time this was discussed, an admin (I think Octavian) said it wasn't lack of person-power, it was that they were working on changing the way microbadges are submitted that was holding things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Meat wrote:

The last time this was discussed, an admin (I think Octavian) said it wasn't lack of person-power, it was that they were working on changing the way microbadges are submitted that was holding things up.

I'm still favor of the idea of the MB's being modded like images and files and such by the BGG community. Then it would be the MB Admin's job to just scan the new additions and make sure they actually did adhere to whatever guidelines there would be put in place for them. Perhaps that's what they are working on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
Orcoteuthis wrote:
I nominate ScottE. cool

Seconded.

The motion has been moved and seconded.

All in favor?

Say aye.

-DK

OMG! What did I get myself into?

thoia wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
Meat wrote:

I'm still favor of the idea of the MB's being modded like images and files and such by the BGG community. Then it would be the MB Admin's job to just scan the new additions and make sure they actually did adhere to whatever guidelines there would be put in place for them. Perhaps that's what they are working on.

I do fear that if it was a mod function we'd get 100 badges for Space Hulk then. I've noticed geekmodders tend to not be so picky. If they did do it they'd have to have a function to show the entire list so modders could see how many there were and if there's enough similarity to existing ones.

Also, maybe not give any GG for modding badges. So that those that do it will do it because they want to, not because of the reward.

Another option would be to have a select group that is the only ones allowed to mod microbadges. Obviously there's a good active group back when we could do them that would be a first choice. This might be the best option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottE wrote:
I do fear that if it was a mod function we'd get 100 badges for Space Hulk then. I've noticed geekmodders tend to not be so picky. If they did do it they'd have to have a function to show the entire list so modders could see how many there were and if there's enough similarity to existing ones.

Also, maybe not give any GG for modding badges. So that those that do it will do it because they want to, not because of the reward.

Another option would be to have a select group that is the only ones allowed to mod microbadges. Obviously there's a good active group back when we could do them that would be a first choice. This might be the best option.

Given that unpurchased microbadges get deleted after a while, I don't think it's too much of an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Given that unpurchased microbadges get deleted after a while, I don't think it's too much of an issue.

As I understand that was a manual operation by the Admin. And I think having an automated system would suck for more obscure games since they don't move badges as fast. Though I suppose you could setup some rule that if a game has less then 3 badges not to delete any. And pull them out first in/last out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about you have to have an avatar/be a supporter/been active for a year or something like that (like the nominations) to be able to vote in the MB geekmod?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
How about you have to have an avatar/be a supporter/been active for a year or something like that (like the nominations) to be able to vote in the MB geekmod?

Or have a microbadge design badge... would mean the most direct experience with microbadges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Lumm
United States
Hampden
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe open it up to anyone with an 80%+ approval rate on geekmod?

I hope it gets worked out soon. I designed my first microbadge the other day ("goodreads.com user") and I'm dying to take it for a spin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett R.
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
God, after several, several months of not touching MB's I start making a few more only to find out that there aren't any submissions for the time being... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Lumm
United States
Hampden
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any word lately from Dirk or Aldie or anyone else as to when the new MB submission protocol is going to be in place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

Or have a microbadge design badge... would mean the most direct experience with microbadges.

Good idea... I would hate it to depend on general geekmodding to get my badges approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamchatka wrote:
Has there been any word lately from Dirk or Aldie or anyone else as to when the new MB submission protocol is going to be in place?

Not that I know of...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmb
For reference: The original microbadge thread, last edited on 2009-06-30 06:55:57 CST (currently locked).

I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to be an MB admin; I know I am willing to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamchatka wrote:

That would count me out!

I decline so many pictures for "duplicates"...I mean, really...do we need a picture of the game board, then picture of every single section of the game board up close...then "Artistic" shots of the same sections of the game board with a playing piece nearby (not doing anything or interacting "with the game" just nearby)...uhg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Lumm
United States
Hampden
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wired_Wolf wrote:
kamchatka wrote:

That would count me out!

I decline so many pictures for "duplicates"...I mean, really...do we need a picture of the game board, then picture of every single section of the game board up close...then "Artistic" shots of the same sections of the game board with a playing piece nearby (not doing anything or interacting "with the game" just nearby)...uhg.

Well, yeah, when I said 80% approval rate, I misspoke. I meant an 80% match rate with the final outcome of the modding process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mama Rat
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a couple of MBs just before (exactly one day before) Joe announced he was stepping down. And I know mine aren't the only ones. Can some admin at least push through the handful of badges that are sitting in limbo--submitted but not approved? I have buyers lined up for both of mine, I promise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also something I was wondering. Why does the designer of the MB not get a free copy of it. I guess they technically get it for 0.25 GG off, but shouldn't they get it for free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.