Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Matthews
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation requiring clarification regarding the bioterrorist having a purple cube on a city in which the virulent strain was infecting with the chronic effect. Here is the situation:

Rulebook states that (per bio-terrorist challenge instructions) "when an infetion card for a city that contains at least one purple cube, place both a purple cube and the indicated cube".

Chronic effect virulent strain challenge card instructs you to add 2 cubes of the virulent strain color to a city of that color if there were zero cubes of that color in the city when drawn.

Does this mean that if at least one purple cube were in a city of the virulent strain color with chronic effect in play, and that city had no cubes of the virulent strain color when drawn during the infector phase of a players turn that we should add one purple cube or one cube or two?

Also, if during the infector phase an outbreak occurs, do we add purple cubes to a city with at least one purple cube that then adds a single colored cube as a result of the outbreak?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the first scenario, I believe you would add two cubes of the virulent strain and one purple cube.

Not sure about the second scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Barcelo
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Brian in regards to the first scenario.

For the second scenario, since the rules only say you add a purple cube when the city card is drawn, I would say that you do not add purple cubes to cities infected due to outbreaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Both of these answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.